Woo hoo! Here we go with our next SMF swap!
Your item should be Fall or Halloween themed! This can be any SCENTED item that reminds you of autumn/fall or harvest time, or any item that is scary, spooky, halloween-y!
1. swap sign-up cut off: Monday 9/5/2011
2. due date: your item must be to me by Friday 10/7/2011
3. return shipping date: ASAP - after I receive all boxes
Swaps are easy, here's a breakdown of the rules:
1) The swap hostess start a thread for people to sign up for the swap.
2) When sign-ups close, the swap hostess announce how many participants we have & a due date. (Don't worry, you can put a "do not use before date" if your item is CP soap so it has time to cure)
3) For instance, if 12 people sign-up, you make 11 items & mail them in.
4) The swap hostess divides up the goodies & send one of everything to everyone.
5) Everyone then reports when they get their boxes & gives each person a compliment about the item they received from them.
6) Last but not least, everyone enjoys all their fabulous swap items!
SIGN UPS: I am taking sign-ups starting now through 09/5/2011.
DUE DATE: The Must-Be-There date is 10/7/2011. That gives all participants over one month from the final sign-up date to make their product and get it shipped in.
If I have not received your items by the due date and youve not contacted me to explain the delay, Ill assume that you have chosen not to participate and the swap will proceed without you. If you flake out on a swap, please be aware that you may be prohibited from participating in future SMF swaps. Its simply not fair to the other participants and takes the fun out of the swap.
ITEMS: You can send *any scented item* you would like, bath/body/aromatherapy/candle/M&P soap/CP soap/etc. Your swap item should carry a retail value of $4.00-$8.00. Please make sure your items are properly labeled & nicely presented, package them as you would if you were selling it or giving it as a gift. Please make sure you items are well protected in transit & wont leak. I like to individually ziplock bag each of my items & roll them in either tissue or bubble wrap to protect them from the postmen. Make sure the items you send are all the same or similar, so when we all begin to chat about what we have received, we have the same/similar items for comparison.
SHIPPING: Return shipping will be via USPS Priority. I don't care how you get it to me, but I use the flat rate priority boxes to return the items to you. Return shipping will be $11.00. I am accepting shipping payments through PAYPAL and will send each swap participant a PM with the PayPal addy to use and I'll get those sent out as quickly as I can, but feel free PM me for details if needed.
NEW SHIPPING RULE: Return shipping is due within 5 days of the time you sign-up for the swap. This helps to cut down on drop outs that cause the swap to be delayed for everyone.
DROP OUTS: Drop outs are frowned upon, but if you must drop out for any reason, please let us know as far as possible ahead of time!
NEW DROP OUT RULE: If you drop out and it's NOT an emergency you will not be allowed to participate in future SMF swaps. Sorry, but our drop-out rate has gotten way too high & it effects everyone in the swap. Emergencies are the exception to that rule.
ANGELS: I would like this swap to have 10-12 participants and I would love for 2 Swap Angels to sign up in case anyone drops out.
If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask here or via PM.
With all of that out of the way, let's get our list started. To sign yourself up, just copy this list, paste it into a reply, and add your own name to the list!
A next to a participant's name indicates that their shipping payment has been received.
A next to a participant's name means that their swap package has been received.