Lowe's plans for soap molds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I thought they used gauze for the wrapping! HA! Then I saw cheesecloth, much more cute than gauze.

the gauze/cheesecloth look is too close to bandages for me!

I totally thought that was gauze..
Visions of purulant drainage.. eww.

Kind of cool that they have those patterns, tho.

If you want a soap mold plan tell me the size of the bar you want and how many bars per mold. Also let me know if you have a router for rabbiting. Let me know if you want HDPE lining or not and I will send you a PDF or CAD file of how to build your mold yourself. this will be for a 28" x 48" plywood sheet, and I will include a cut sheet layout so you can make more than one with the same sheet of wood.

I went to Lowes and spent 17 dollars on pine wood and made all these molds. I figured the size by using my recipe on Summer bee meadows calc and putting in the inches I wanted for width, and length and depth of soap till I got the lb size I was looking for and them I cut accordingly. I didn't use glue, only screws. I used a 8 X 1 X 8 and got them to rip it down so I could make mine 4.5 inches wide.
They work great
I made a 5lb, 4lb, several 3lb and a 2lb mold. I bought the 1X4X8 for the sides and hinges for the sides to let down from Michaels
002-10.jpg

Hazel, If I can do it anyone can. A ruler and pencil can go a long way. My husband does have a good drill and I predrilled the holes before I put the srews in. I used big screws instead of wood dowel to hold the sides up. They just slide in and out. I want to make a slab mold next. Just got to get some free time to think about the size.

Thanks Ken.

I'm actually okay on molds. I tend to use the same 2 lb one over and over since I make small batches. I just think it would cool to be able to make a mold. :D

a great offer but no response. I guess it was too much.

Thank you for sharing, but when I click on the link it doesn't take me to the soap molds.
-Wendy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back