strong natural green- how to do- pictues

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreeRabbit

Reaction score
I wish to do some HP green soap, my options are-
green clay- would rather not because of the drying affect
comfrey gel- it is yellowish green so I doubt it will become solid strong green
green tea?
alfalfa dried pallets???

if one of these things can turn into a deep nice green please tell me and also how to use?

thank you!!!

Alfalfa – medium green
Chlorophyll - medium greens
Sage - green
Spinach – light green

i have uses Chlorophyll before and got a nice green

krissy, how stable are your greens? for how long are they truly green? I tried chloraphyll and it faded to brown - but it was years ago and I don't recall details.

the few times i used it, i got a good medium green with pretty specks of dark green, the color lasted as long at the soaps did ( almost a year) and did not go brown on me. i have pics posted here somewhere. i havent used it in a long time though. i do still have some of the powder somewhere in my soaping room.

i just added it to my med traced batter. :)

The only stable, natural green I found is clay. Any herbal material oxidizes over time and turns to some sort of brown (except calendula, which will stay yellow).

this is a batch tht i made with chlorophyll. it had some ash so i decided to try and cut it into smaller pieces and look at the middle color but it crumbled from being too hard. but it did stay that color the entire time i had it. it never discolored to brown

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I got a super pretty green using sea clay in a facial soap recipe a couple of weeks ago (pics on my blog if you're curious). It's not "vibrant" but it's darker than French green clay would be I think. I haven't tried it yet but I don't think the cleansing factor was too high (i.e. drying).

HTH,
Karri

thank all
I tried fresh sage infused in the oil
AND
alfalfa added to warm oils
AND
green tea (water and leaves)

and so far my soap is..... BROWNNNNN....

so now it is set to harden, and will see what next if it turns back into a nice green somehow

to comfort myself on such a bad expirement I tried a lyn top... so it can be ugly with an ugly top (because the odds it will turn out like lyn are... hmmm... zero...)

Hempseed oils is green, so maybe try formulating with oils that are green & yellow? Haven't tried it, but thinking.

mandolyn said:
Hempseed oils is green, so maybe try formulating with oils that are green & yellow? Haven't tried it, but thinking.
That's a cool idea if you can find one strongly green. I got some from FNWL years ago that might have worked. Unfortunately hemp is DOS prone, though, son you wouldn't want to use much.

I have READ that parsley sticks pretty well.

What about nettle? I've seen vibrant green soap made with nettle, though I can't speak to exactly *how* it was done. You could probably find some tips on Google. Likely an infusion of some kind I'm thinking though.

Karri

comfrey, nettle and spirulina all faded to a brown after about a year for me. The only green that stayed green was french green clay but it's not like a grass green but a yellow green. I think it is quite lovely.

SideDoorSoaps said:
comfrey, nettle and spirulina all faded to a brown after about a year for me. The only green that stayed green was french green clay but it's not like a grass green but a yellow green. I think it is quite lovely.

a year of green is good enough for me!!! how did you with nettle???

i've used spirulina and it hasn't altered to brown...yet. i suspect it will though.

Latest posts

Back