1. swap sign-up cut off: CLOSED
2. swap due date (must be here by...): 4/20/10
3. return shipping date: 4/23/10
Our next swap is "Where I live!" ; Show us something creative and special about your
Swaps are easy, here's a breakdown of the rules:
1) The swap hostess start a thread for people to sign up for the swap for approx 7 days.
2) When sign-ups close, the swap hostess announce how many participants we have & a due date , approx 3-4 weeks. (Don't worry, you can put a do not use before date on your CP soap so it has time to cure)
3) For instance, if 6 people sign-up, you make 5 items & mail them in.
4) The swap hostess divides up the goodies & send one of everything to everyone.
5) Everyone then reports when they get their boxes & gives each person a compliment about the item they received from them.
6) Last but not least, everyone wallows in all the new bath/body/candle/etc products.
THEME: "Where I live!"
SIGN UPS: I am taking sign-ups starting now through 3/27/10.
DUE DATE: The Must-Be-There date is 4/20/10. This will give us all a month to dream, create and ship. I'll divvy up the loot and send the return boxes on 4/23/10.
ITEMS: You can send *any scented item* you would like, bath/body/aromatherapy/candle/M&P soap/CP soap/etc Your swap item should carry a retail value of $4.00-$8.00. Please make sure your items are labeled & presented nicely. Please make sure you items are well protected in transit & wont leak. I like to individually ziplock bag each of my items & roll them in either tissue or bubble wrap to protect them from the postmen. Make sure the items you send are all the same or similar, so when we all begin to chat about what we have received, we have the same/similar items for comparison.
SHIPPING: Return shipping will probably be in the flat rate priority boxes. I don't care how you get it to me, but I will most likely use the flat rate priority boxes to return the items to you. Return shipping will be $11.00 US or $20.00 Canadian. If return shipping is less, you will get the additional postage back.
NEW SHIPPING RULE: Return shipping is due w/i 5 days of the time you sign-up for the swap. This helps to cut down on drop outs that cause the swap to be delayed for everyone. I am accepting shipping through PAYPAL, PM for details.
DROP OUTS: Drop outs are frowned upon, but if there are any drop outs or no shows, please let us know if possible ahead of time!
NEW DROP OUT RULE: If you drop out and it's NOT an emergency you will not be allowed to participate in future SMF swaps. Sorry, but our drop-out rate has gotten way too high & it effects everyone in the swap. Emergencies are the exception to that rule.
ANGELS: I would like this swap to have at least 10 participants and if more would like to join you are welcomed! I would love for 2 Swap Angels to sign up in case anyone drops out.
If anyone has any questions shoot me a PM.
Ok, let's get started!
1. IanT: HOST
2. agriffin PAID RECEIVED
3. Deda PAID RECEIVED
4. Twilitr PAID RECEIVED
5. bodybym PAID RECEIVED
6. redfishingirl PAID RECEIVED
7. RockinRodeoChick PAID RECEIVED
9. tammyr PAIDRECEIVED
10. bombus PAID RECEIVED
11. Tabitha PAID RECEIVED
Alright everyone.... sooooo sorry, I need you to resend this payment to me using "for goods option" <-------- CRUCIAL STEP. so I have your correct mailing address on hand.... I need your mailing address hooked to the transaction AS WELL AS YOUR FORUM USER ID... It just makes shipping multiple packages so much easier. Especially since this is my first time hosting a swap!
I dont want to get anything mixed up, doing this will enable me to print shipping labels out online, so I dont need to jump through hurdles of withdrawing funds from paypal (fees!!!) and wiring them to my bank account.
Sorry for the inconvenience,
Thanks for your help.-Ian
Once I have received the corrected payments I will change the PAID to PAID