What's your favorite ingredient?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosey

Reaction score
so we all have our favorite ingredients.

What's yours?

I have to say that I love goat's milk. I don't know why but I just can't seem to make a batch without it anymore! I need to try some of that silk next :D

my favorite "staple" is lard. because even if you have nothing else, lard makes a great soap all on its own. lol

my favorite extra has to be EO's.

I would go with either lard or olive oil.

Coconut oil is pretty indispensible for me too, though.

Coconut oil!

I'm a bubbles girl and I have fairly oily skin so... it's basically my dream oil. (not to mention it's inexpensive when bought in bulk, makes nice hard bars, pure white so great when soaping with color, makes salt bars lather, perfect for whipped soap...)

Yep, pretty much all an oil needs to be. :D

Lard, tallow, olive oil. Coconut oil has been an ingredient of all my soaps, I love the bubbles.

My favourite EO has to be lavender, and they grow it locally and produce the oil.

castor, sugar=I'm a bubble girl too ;)
I love T.D. too!

Rosey there is no way to pic just one!!!

Tough question. It's like asking a mother to choose among her children.
:)
Jude

Re: x

heartsong said:
i'm liking rice bran oil here lately-i sub it sometimes for olive oils.

castor and mango, too!

I forgot about RBO!

Dixie said:
castor, sugar=I'm a bubble girl too ;)
I love T.D. too!

Rosey there is no way to pic just one!!!

I know after several replies, I thought "wait! OO, and palm oil for me too"

Wow, this is a tough one. At first I thought, "How am I going to pick just one?" But I see that no one else can either.

My favorities: OO, Castor, and honey. But, I could go on.

Stacie

My experience is limited but I'm loving avocado oil...I try to put a little of it in every batch I make. I love it sooooo much that I often pour a little puddle in my hand and then add a little fragrance oil and rub it on my arms & legs instead of using perfume. My skin has never been softer.

Okay rubyslippers, now I have to try avocado oil, but I was just going to say essentially the same thing about shea, without the EO.

For me, I couldn't possibly choose between OO and shea. OO because it's the staple, the one oil I wouldn't soap without. But then shea, ah shea.... I usually end up getting it all over my hands on purpose and then I just rub it all over my arms. I love the way it smells too. Ummmm.. I hardly ever make a batch without it anymore, and anytime I try I am never as satisfied.

Mine seem to be lard/tallow (jury's still out on which I like better), coconut, and avocado.

I like to test others, but those are my staples for now.

Hmmmmm.......okay then my absolute must have oil is RBO
my butter is shea
my additive is tussah silk
my fo is currently Vanilla Select (BBs)
my eo is May Chang (litsea)

Oh, but wait! There's more...... :wink:

Tanya :D

Latest posts

Back