Which Colourants ?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I use/recommend:

• Celestial Colors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lab Colors

• Peacock Dyes

• Select Shades (I think TW went out of business though?)

• Other - I'll give details in the comments

• Total voters
I'm currently in love with TKB Pop Micas.

I also use a variety of clays and herb powders, along with the occasional ultramarine and/or oxide.

I tried the Select Shades, and they are ok, but not anywhere near my favorite in CP.

I use Lab Colours and LOVE them!! They're kind of expensive, but they are so easy to use and I love the results I get with them.

Lab colors are my currant favorite , very easy to work with and you get fantastic true colors.

Kitn

I use liquid brites for CP from Aussie Soap Supplies. These are pigments dissolved into liquid and very concentrated. I just drip them into my batch and blend until I get the colour I want.

If I am making an all natural soap I use clays, spirulina powder, paprika extract, alkanet root powder etc.

Tanya :)

I like labcolors, and the UK equivalent liquid colors from Gracefruit (only 12 colors though), because of the ease of use, and the reliability of the result.
Most Mica's and ultramrines are good too.

What I use for a specific batch depends on the desired outcome.

i use oxides( powder) it ok in my cp, also use liquid color from Michaels, works great in hp.

I love LabColors, but I've come to realize that depending on who you get it from, sometimes they're pre-mixed in glycerin and it takes SOOOO many drops to get the color I want. Ex. Brambleberry labcolors, I use 5 drops.. Chemistry Store labcolors, I use 50! Literally, 50 drops for 4 lbs yesterday!

I only know of Brambleberry that sells concentrates.

Voyaguer... do you guys have experience with them shipping to the US? How do you rate the speed and cost of shipping?

I use my own FD&C colors. I also use mica, which doesn't bleed. I bought some POP colors from TKB Trading and so far I tried 3 colors and they are nice. I was being conservative. Next time I will up the amount to get deeper colors.

Celestial for me, so easy to use, just a few drops and you got just the colour you want, only thing I find is they superheat soap :?: (anyone else found that) Also a fan of powdered ultramarines/lakes which I mix in a little glycerin before adding.

Latest posts

Back