Silk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunshineGirl

Reaction score
i love the idea of having silk in soaps but can we add it to mp soaps. if so which work best. the fibers or liquid silk

i love the idea of having silk in soaps but can we add it to mp soaps. if so which work best. the fibers or liquid silk

I don't think the fibers would work well in mp since it won't dissolve. The heat of the lye solution is what dissolves the silk fibers. I think it would most likely just clump up in mp. I don't have any experience adding liquid silk to soap of any kind, but maybe someone here has and can advise.

The liquid silk is perfect for water based products such as lotion and emulsified scrubs and small amounts can also be added to melt and pour soap. Tussah silk fibers can be dissolved in your lye solution and added to cold process soap.

But this is for melt and pour which means the op is unlikely to have the lye solution. I have seen your other posts - why not pop in to the "introduction" section and tell us more about yourself, as some of your posts are a touch spammesque in nature

Back