Clamshells Smelling Strongly of Plastic

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost_Wytch

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I haven't posted here in forever! But I'm super exhausted by the whole Facebook scene :crazy:
Anyway...have any of you used these clamshells sold by Candlewic?

http://www.candlewic.com/store/product.aspx?q=c28,p1412&&title=Clam-Shell-Melts&utm_source=wax-n-wic&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=everyday-offers-2017&utm_content=01-03-17

And if so, do they smell ok? I've heard so many horror stories of clamshells that smell so strongly of plastic that they even overpower the scent of the wax. And I've been getting mine from Flaming Candle with no issues, however the ones from Candlewic are $10 less per 100. Gotta watch that bottom line ya know?
TIA for any input :D

I get mine from Candle Science and they don't have any plastic smell. They are more expensive, so maybe it's a case of you get what you pay for. I've only used Candle Science clamshells, the warehouse is only an hr away so I can go pick up supplies myself and not pay any shipping fees. So if you deduct the 20% I save not paying shipping fees it's not a bad deal!

Thanks for the reply Kathy. I'm afraid you are probably right in that you gt what you pay for. I've never had any problems with the ones I get from Flaming Candle Company. I know that I can trust them. So I think it best that I just stick with what I know works :)

Back