Calendula Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lizteria

Reaction score
Hi can anyone suggest a gentle fragrance for my first calendula CP soap? Also, if I'm putting petals on top, can I still finish it off in the oven (CPOP)? Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPad using Soap Making

I'd suggest not using a fragrance if you really want it gentle. I'm a big fan of FOs/EOs but I also like to occasionally use unscented soap.

Thanks Hazel, I may do that.

I have used chamomile (from Oregon Trails) with calendula and the result was very nice - delicate and faintly sweet.

I have two calendula soaps, coloured naturally and scented with a mixture of gardenia and something fruity like yuzu or Energy. Just use a bit less than the recommended amount.

I love yuzu with calendula. The two seem to go together well.

Added: not sure if you can CPOP with the calendula on top. It may dry it out to the point of burning it even with the oven off. Not sure but I wouldn't chance it unless others here have already tried it and can chime in.

Last edited:
Thanks kazmi, no I probably won't put this one in the oven. Better safe than sorry.

I used a sunflower fragrance oil that I purchased from Camden grey. It has a very light citrusy scent. I also added some dried calendula petals into one layer of the soap, colored the second layer with turmeric, and used cocoa for a line between.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Soap Making mobile app

Latest posts

Back