~*~ SMF March 2017 Challenge - Black Background Soaps! ~*~
~ March 2017 Black Background Soap Entry Thread ~

Soap Making Forum > Announcements and Site News > SoapMakingForum Announcements, Comments, Help & Rules > Delete button is missing

Old 03-20-2017, 04:43 PM   #31
Zany_in_CO
Zany in CO

Liked 119 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 447

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlene View Post
But now the edit button is only available for 3 hours. I need to edit my SMF challenge photo, to add the cut soap, but can't do so. Why is there only a 3 hour window?
I "sense" there may be some general maintenance going on. In any case, here's what Angie wrote about this problem earlier in this thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
The delete is seen for a short time after a post to give time to edit or delete. After the short time the post become permanent and a mod or admin will have to do the deleting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
You can still edit and delete a post for some time after you post it but once it's been established and part of the discussion it cannot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
The delete button will stay gone but you have 3 hours if you need to edit a thread/post. Most forums do not have it where members can delete their own threads and posts. If you have a post that needs deleted, please contact a mod or Admin. We do try to keep all but spam threads/posts on the site as it helps keep the flow of conversations.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:02 PM   #32
lsg
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 2838 Times on 2032 Posts
Likes Given: 180

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlene View Post
But now the edit button is only available for 3 hours. I need to edit my SMF challenge photo, to add the cut soap, but can't do so. Why is there only a 3 hour window?
Angie is doing her best to take care of the problem. Please remember, she is the top admin., but not the owner of the forum. There is only so much she can do. You can always post a picture of your cut soap. We are only human; we love you all and are doing our best for you.

Be somebody who makes everybody feel like a somebody.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:04 PM   #33
Angie
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 56 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 26

If you post a message to Admin, it may not be seen for some time as he only comes around from time to time and usually for maintenance items. I'm the day to day Admin with the other daily moderators and Admins here.

Old 03-20-2017, 05:05 PM   #34
Angie
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 56 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Thanks lsg, you have summed the situation up very well.

CeeMoor Likes This