WSP vanilla stabilizer CP

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chlobue

Reaction score
Any one ever use this product??
Do you think it would work with less than 10% vanilla in Fo?
TIA

chris

I have used it, but I didn't like it. I used it with a yummy pineapple fragrance oil from Peak that is 4% vanillin and 6% ethyl vanillin. Without the stabilizer, my soap was chocolate brown with the fragrance. With the stabilizer, the soap turned a muddy yellow color, but the edges were brown. The fragrance completely morphed and didn't have the lovely bright scent any more. For me, there is no point in using it if the fragrance changes.

Maybe someone had a better experience than I? I was realy sad it didn't work for me.:sad:

I've used it & several other ones. For me anything higher than 3% vanillin turned color very shortly. And jblaney's right, it takes it from going to a lovely chocolate color to a yucky yellowish/dull brown.

If I am trying to deal with vanilla I use TD as over time the vanilla stabilizer quits stabilizing in CP. This product is better usd in MP.

Just my opinion of course.

I am definitely not an expert, but this is what i read over and over again when i looked around the internet for opinions.

If I am trying to deal with vanilla I use TD as over time the vanilla stabilizer quits stabilizing in CP. This product is better usd in MP.

Just my opinion of course.

Back