Newbie in need of help coloring tips!!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VCBath

Reaction score
My Partner and I started making soap in november with MP and everyone hated our packaging of plastic clamshells so we went to CP and have been having more fun with it.... But I am in need of MAJOR help on coloring. I have learned the Manganese violet is not CP Safe thank goodness I did a test batch when I cut into it looked like it molded and was trying to grow a city. So now to my help...

Wensday I made a Pink Sugar scented soap from NG and added vanilla stab from bitter creek... Since its been so cold here in oregon I put it in the oven at 170 to force gel and the pink was so bright and I was so happy... in the moring it was bright orange... I cut it last night and today it does look like it may change back I can see a hint of pink but still a lot of orange and some yellow. What is a good way to get pink... like a Barbie pink?

What other colors do you use to get the colors you want.. I have a blue that turned purple with blue speks

Thank you for your help and guidance!

V&C

TKB Trading is a great place to buy colorants - just look for soap stable colors. As for a Barbie pink, their Neon Pink seems to me a similar shade of pink. A little goes a long way with it too. Good luck!

I use blue and purple ultramarines in my cp and they never change color and are always awesome! You can control the depth or brightness with the amount you use.

I believe TKB Trading has a neon pink. With that said, I was never able to use Pink Sugar FO without discoloration. It also stained a white washcloth.

Vanilla stabilizers don't prevent discoloration to the point where a pure white base is the end result, they just produce a lighter brown or yellowish base (at least with Pink Sugar). I don't think even titanium dioxide will get it back to white. Color on color makes color; yellow and pink make peach, light brown and pink make a muddy orange, so it's not likely your soap will be pink after curing. You might have better luck adding an unscented pink swirl to your fragranced soap in order to get the pink into your Pink Sugar.

I love TKB Trading (waiting for my order now) I do have to switch out some of my colors due to the discontinue of Pop Micas.. I went to Neon colors.. But no vanilla stablizer is not going to help you prevent the browning of vanilla .. I have got it lighter with Titanium Dioxide but not white..

Good Luck

Latest posts

Back