Which blog platform?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TessC

Reaction score
Meh, I'm finally wearing down and about to cave in and start a blog for my photos. I've been just uploading the pics to Photobucket and Flickr and then sharing the individual links, but that's getting to be a hassle and I have a few friends and relatives who want to see the new stuff on a continual basis and I'm not quite ready to buy a domain name and hosting just for photos, so I guess a blog it is.

I dunno if I wanna use Blogger, WordPress, Typepad, etc. I'm fairly tech savvy so it doesn't have to be the easiest in the world to configure, I'm mostly concerned about reliability and have no idea which of them are better than others.

Who's happy with their blog and wants to recommend a platform? :D

In my opinion wordpress is the best. It offers tracking/blog stats...which blogger doesn't.

I used to have my blog hosted on wordpress, now I'm using their software on my own domain.

www.lovinsoap.com

I manage the blog for my work and use wordpress as well.

www.eileenroche.wordpress.com.

The cool thing is...both wordpress and blogger have a download your blog thing. You can download it from blogger and then load it into wordpress and visa versa if you want to play around with both.

ohhhh. thanks. i must done something wrong when testing the idea out. thanks so much. i hear good things about word press, then wondered about the money aspect.

i should asked earlier.

Wordpress, definitely. It's easy to customize to your own design, super easy to set up on your own domain.

Latest posts

Back