Soccer Fever in South Africa

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagiaDellaLuna

Reaction score
We are hosting the 2010 World Cup and the atmosphere is electric.
Just about every car has flags flying from it, people are all wearing scarves, beanies etc. showing their support for various countries.

Are there any soccer fans who are watching the games ?

A bit like shuffling across the carpet in socks huh? :lol: If you do any type of energy work now might be a good time to harness some.
I haven't watched any of the games but DH has been whooping and hollering in the living room.

Chay said:
A bit like shuffling across the carpet in socks huh? :lol: If you do any type of energy work now might be a good time to harness some.
I haven't watched any of the games but DH has been whooping and hollering in the living room.

Excellent idea ;)

Waste not, want not.

Well done to USA on their draw with England.

I was watching some games - of course both games of Slovenija team (with Algeria and USA). Now I know for your lovely instrument "vuvuzela". Tomorrow our team will play with England - it is all open. Almost all people in our country will watch this game, hoping the best...

We are very proud of our team's effort in their match against France. Well done, Bafana Bafana.

Good luck to your team, zajcek. I hope they make you proud.

Thank you for your wishes, Magia Della Luna. We are the second time in World Cup, and this one is the better one for us (till this year we did not win any game). We are small country, just 2 million habitants, so one joke after the game with USA here was:
Why nobody supported Slovenia team on this game? Because all the Slovenians were on the football ground.

We are already proud on our team, like you are. Sorry for you not going further.

:oops: I'm glad I'll be without a tv for the next two weeks, cause the whole soccer thing is getting on my nerves.
Every single commercial has something to do with the Dutch team.
Go to the supermarket and EVERYTHING is orange, from mushrooms to all sorts of gadgets from shirts that turn from black to orange when coming in contact with heat to giant plastig orange thumbs.
Children are blowing vuvusela's all day long.
All houses and numerous cars are decorated with orange and rood/white/blue flags. Drives me nuts!
Last week some hooligans even painted a seagul bright orange :evil: :roll:

It's pretty full on here too, even though our Socceroos aren't doing too well.Hopefully they will do well against Serbia at 4.30am our time tonight/tomorrow morning.
We may just have to claim the NZ team as ours instead if they do well.
I love soccer, my eldest boy has been playing for many many years, and has done very well so far. One day I hope that he will play for Australia, if he buckles down and works hard it's a very real possibility.
The atmosphere would be great!! It brings a lot of $$ to the hosting country also, same as the Olympics!

dagmar88 said:
:oops: I'm glad I'll be without a tv for the next two weeks, cause the whole soccer thing is getting on my nerves.
Every single commercial has something to do with the Dutch team.
Go to the supermarket and EVERYTHING is orange, from mushrooms to all sorts of gadgets from shirts that turn from black to orange when coming in contact with heat to giant plastig orange thumbs.
Children are blowing vuvusela's all day long.
All houses and numerous cars are decorated with orange and rood/white/blue flags. Drives me nuts!
Last week some hooligans even painted a seagul bright orange :evil: :roll:

Vuvuzelas even there ? I was at the Ghana/Germany game last night and the noise was deafening. I do not think the world will ever be the same again. The Vuvuzela will become a permanent fixture.

Latest posts

Back