Hello from Phoenix!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrBubble

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I am Kyle!

I am new to soap making! The idea came to me when as I was shopping at LUSH one day. I was selecting a bath bomb for my partner and thought, "I am sure I can make this." As it turns out, I could and I enjoyed it!

After we mastered our bath bomb recipe a few months ago we began making them and giving them to family and friends. With the success of our bath bombs I began researching different hand crafted bath and skin care recipes. Soon enough I stumbled upon the, "Everything Soap Making Book."

It was a great read for beginners and really got me excited to begin soap crafting. We've just relocated from FL to AZ which unfortunately has put a halt on getting my hands dirty and creating my first batch! I am using this time to continue my research and begin connecting with other soapcrafters.

I am very excited to get to know everyone and venture in to the world of soap!

You can call me Mr. Bubble,
Kyle

Hi Kyle, and welcome to the forum! I hope your move is going as well as possible; you've sure got a different climate to get used to!
We look forward to hearing about your first soap!

Welcome Kyle

We have a Beginners thread in here that might help you get started with your research, until you get some time to make soap.

Welcome to the form fellow Arizonian! Last year I also did the move from the East coast to AZ, though I moved from the expensive and painfully snowy state of CT.

Helpful tip: Not sure how your water was in FL, but AZ water is hard and likes to inhibit lather (I came from using soft city water for 20+ years, so this was a bit of a shock to the system). Try looking for/formulating recipes that use lather creating oils or ingredients; the forum has some great tips and tricks for getting good lather with hard water. Saved me a lot of disappointment when I made my first CP soap!

Hello from Connecticut - soon to be Surprise, Az. Filling the pod now! I'm in the country so hard water is a fact of life but paying for it is not! Nice to see so many from AZ here.

Hello Kyle! I'm also from the great state of AZ but a couple hundred miles north of the Valley of the Sun - Kingman. I'm a bit higher in elevation so don't get as hot as the southern areas. Welcome to AZ and welcome to the forum! :wave:

Back