What are you working on?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dixie

Reaction score
What's everyone working on?

I'm making a 1 poud batch of ocean breeze....experiment.

In my head I'm working on a professional dog soap bar. Something for show dogs. Think its possible? hmmmmm me either, but for a lack of something to do and research ........

I am going through my FO's and making 1lb batches. I am also brainstorming on multiple scents and working out a bulk lye supply.

For my next batch, I'm going to try using lard. Have never tried it and will probably just make a one pound batch.
If it has any kind of offputting smell, my next batch after that will probably be lard with an fo! :lol:

Jude

I'm getting ready to make another masterbatch of 50/50 lye solution, and then next up on my soaping roster after that is to make an OHP batch of soap using Daystar's Ahoy Matey F/O. I normally do CP, but this particular F/O is known to be an ornery rebel, so I'm going to soap it the OHP way.

IrishLass :)

I am hoping to try a salt bar tomorrow...Strawberry. Wonder if it will work. Excited, too, that I found rice bran oil locally to make a new bar with.

Getting ready to pack everything up!

We signed the lease today on a new studio - photography in the back, office and soap (retail only - actually soaping in the back) in the front!

So I need to pack up and move stuff to the studio next week and organize it so I can get back to soaping and such!

Then I'll be making 1-2lb batches and using up my less popular FOs so I have more room!

I have just made a test batch of Ricebran Oil soap for a very 'everything intolerant' friend - just standing in the air makes her skin dry up and break out! She has been using RBO in cooking and as a body lotion with success, so now I am making a RBO soap for her to try. She is not allergic to milk or honey, so I have added a little sodium lactate to help harden the soap and honey to help with lather. I have also added a little lavender and rose geranium eos to the blend - hope it works out!

Tanya :)

i just got lots of botanicals, oil and fo's.....i think i'll do a rose powder soap, w rose geranium eo and see how that comes out, maybe w/ blueberry seeds for exfoliants......

i made my first batch of gm soap today, weird smell ,then i think i ruined by doing a fo in "mary jane" I think i will do a gm batch with jasmine or something floral for Moms day? She wont be able to use it right away, but thats ok, i have so many fos i dont know which one to do, 7th heaven, lovespell, bonsai... so many decisions.

i'll be with my mom for mom's day and she's made me promise to bring her lots of soap.....my suite case will be full of them!

I'm looking for a shampoo bar recipe and going to make something with hemp butter and or oil. And thinking of making another salt bar. I love the first one I made even though it came out a total mess!

Just finished a couple of replacements soaps and tomorrow I have to get my F/S done for my Business Advisor so I can meet with him in the next week or so.

I'm also waiting on some more ingredients to show up....

Latest posts

Back