Soapmaking = opportunities

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
You never know where soapmaking will lead you. I got a call from a woman who had received some of my soap as a gift. She's involved with an animal therapy group that is hosting a fundraiser, and she asked me if I'd like to be a vendor. I jumped at the opportunity! This will be my first outdoor show. For extra $, you can get a space with a tent, so I thought it might be a good chance for me to see how I like doing an outdoor show.

I went on line to check out their web site and discovered that they do equine and canine therapy, and one of the things they're involved in, is training dogs to be therapy animals. In particular, one of the things that they do is to have the dogs go into schools to work with kids who are reading challenged. They have the kids read to the dogs, who, by not being judgmental, allow the kids to feel relaxed as they read and build confidence.

I'm hoping to retire in about a year, and my plan has always been to get a dog when I do. I also wanted to do some kind of volunteer work involving animals. I'm so excited. Not only about this event, but also meeting the people involved and further exploring the possibilities of a therapy dog. If I didn't make soap, if she hadn't received some as a gift, if she weren't involved with the animal therapy group.....so many variables that aligned to put me in the position to have this wonderful gift dropped into my lap! You just never know, with all of the contacts you make, by making soap, where they might eventually lead you! Here's hoping your connections lead you to something wonderful, too. :grin:

That is awesome!! I believe living your best life will continue to let you live your best life. Your post is proof and you are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

I was involved in training therapy dogs, and they require quiet a work. They must be the adequate temperament too:)) It is very rewarding and feels that hole in our hearts.
Volunteer with shelters and help with dog rescue. You could be a foster home for some of them. However the last option is not for me, due my bonding with any animal. What I hug is mine.
Your idea is awesome Navigator9, I love people who love animals:)) Good luck

awesome news, congrats :)

an idea, you might want to make some special soaps for pets in addition to your current soaps. it's the perfect opportunity.

Thanks everyone. I really am excited about being able to combine my love of soapmaking and my love of animals. Seven, I thought about making a pet soap, but I wouldn't have enough time between now and then to formulate and test one that I'd feel comfortable selling. But, since this fundraiser is titled "Heroes for Horses", because the group does equine therapy with veterans, I've ordered some horse molds and will donate the profit from those soaps to the group. I can't wait!

Back