Midnight Sun

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ohhhh, the aurora! My mother grew up in New Brunswick, Canada and would often see the aurora there. I loved her stories about seeing it when she was little and the sound that it made, like static on the radio, or clothes on the clothesline whipping about in the wind, she said. I went to Iceland some years ago, and hoped to see it there, but the weather didn't cooperate. CaraBou, I envy you your long summer days and auroraed nights!

It sounds absolutely blissful. I'm there in spirit, even though I can't be there in person! I went to Finland quite a few years back and absolutely loved the long twilight. Quite magical and so calming. Have a lovely walk!

Summer is amazing up here. It really does make up for the long, dark winters (and the sled dogs help too of course :p).

The solstices (yes, both of them) are magical. The summer solstice marks the longest day of the year and the beginning of summer. It is hard to accept that the very next day -- and all the subsequent days until winter solstice -- get shorter and shorter. Thank goodness the decline doesn't mean it will get cooler right away. But I tell ya, by the time the days have whittled down to the winter solstice, we are soooooap ready for longer days again -- even if they are colder!

I wasn't sure how long I'd stay in Alaska. It's been 7 years now and there is still so much to see and experience. At the end this week, my DH and I are taking a vacation on the Alaska state ferry. It will be new ground for me -- or should I say water!

Bucket List Item! When I finally finish my blasted wood floor and sell the house, I had originally planned for Hawaii, but this sounds amazing.

Back