World Cup 2014 in Brazil

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btz

Reaction score
If all going according to plan, I'm going to Brazil to see the World Cup either in June or July. I didn't have the exact date yet.

I'm not really familiar with the country, and even though I'm only there for a short while (3-4 days) and in a tour, I'll like a recommendation on local food (primarily street food) or other local products for me to find there :). Preferably those that are easy to buy, like in a supermarket. I'd like to make a list of things-to-eat and things-to-buy. The tour schedule will be tight, but hopefully I can find the time to go shopping for those things.

And of course, is there any oil or additive that was easy to get or unique to Brazil for soap making?

Thanks in advance for any information that you guys can give me.

I was there in August and deeply love Brazil. Find a churrascaria and try it.

Thank you for the input, will try to look for that :)

Where are you staying in Rio? The city is enormous and really spread out because if the terrain.

I'll be there on the 17-29th June and stay at the Novotel Santos Dumont in Rio de Jeneiro.

Day 1: Arrive there at afternoon, then see the Samba show at night
Day 2: See the statue of Christ the Redeemer and then Sugar Loaf Mountain
Day 3: See Spain vs Chile in Maracana Stadium
Day 4: Go to Imperial Museum, The Petropolis Cathedral, Crystal Palace, etc

Not sure if I will have a lot of free time to go searching for local supermarket, but I'll try :).

Latest posts

Back