Adding Aloe Vera to clear M&P

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nc.marula

Reaction score
Morning :)
I made a bar with clear melt and pour and I added 3/4 tablespoon of aloe vera gel (the clear kind) to 12oz of melted soap. I added a fragrance "Rain" (a male scent). This is the only soap so far that I've made that is drying! I notice a lot of people succesfully sell clear M&P with added aloe vera. Did I do something wrong?

I'm not sure what you mean. Is it still soft, sticky, what do you mean by "drying". There are bases out there with AV added. Is that what they are selling?

To me that sounds like a lot of extra liquid to add to M&P.

Hi, I should have been more specific! I used the same base I use for all my soaps which is from a reputable soap company in my area. None of my soaps so far have ever given me any dryness (by drying I mean I look at my arms and can see white scaley lines). I know that when you look at buying "aloe vera base" the only thing different is that aloe vera gel is in the ingredients. I was just really surprised to get this result and was wondering if anyone else had experienced the same.

Latest posts

Back