veggie pulp

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartandsoap

Reaction score
I have a lot of pulp left over from juicing apples, carrots, cucumber, celery, etc...

has anyone tried adding it to soap? or the juice? would it be beneficial?
Also, even if there were a face mask or other treatment. Thought there might be some Alpha Hydroxy benefit in the fruits. Seems like a waste, I use what I can in cooking and compost the rest.

thanks, appreciate any input or personal experience.

I'm interested in doing home treatments just for me so not as a product.

Last night I tried a ground flax meal and honey mask. It was a good exfoliator and left my skin soft...however a bit on the messy side.

Veggie soap

Good question! I wondered that too, because I juice. So last summer I took carrot pulp and boiled it in water and used the strained water for color, gave the cooked pulp to the chickens. Tried fresh pulp, what a ugly soap. Dried the pulp for days, powdered it, use it ground for coloring. The lye cooks the pulp and kills the nutrients it seems. Beets, carrot, and green peppers work great for coloring. I use grape seed extract to preserve the soap longer. Let me know if something works for you.

Do you get a beet color from beet in soap? I love that color and the idea of natural colorants.

Back