New Magazine - reviews?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattiesmom

Reaction score
Has anyone seen the new "Willow and Sage" Homemade Bath & Body Products magazine by Stampington? Very beautiful, georgous photos, high quality and VERY expensive. I picked up a copy hoping to find ideas and inspiration. After the first wonderful impression I started reading the content and oh my! Cold process recipes were vague, had omissions like cure times, temperatures, trace, etc. One recipe had lye listed twice, once as sodium hydroxide and once as lye. One facial scrub said to use course grain salt. Coconut oil was said to be very moisturizing with one recipe for a whipped version. Reading further it seems the articles are submissions from individuals and everyone is welcome to submit. Submissions must not be tested or proofed prior to publication. For the price, I think the magazine should guarantee the accuracy and suitability of content. On a positive note, there were some great packaging ideas and the pictures were difinitely inspirational.

Thanks for the review. It is always good to know whether a book or magazine is worth the money before buying. I don't think I will be shelling out for this one.:)

It's too bad the quality of the content is not up to that of the photography. The pic of the foot bath is amazing!

Latest posts

Back