Life of the Party Shea Butter Base? (From Hobby Lobby)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JrVTG

Reaction score
Hey all!

After reading a bit about bases and different qualities, I was wondering if anyone has tried Hobby Lobby's "Life of the Party Shea Butter Base" for M&P soaps? I'm looking to get started on this in the next week, so if I need to find soap from a different location, I need to know sooner than later for shipping. *giggles*

Any advice is wholly welcomed!

I don't care for their bases. They set up fast, are hard to melt completely and are very drying. In which state are you in? That might give me a better idea on where to send you for an online vendor.

soapbuddy said:
I don't care for their bases. They set up fast, are hard to melt completely and are very drying. In which state are you in? That might give me a better idea on where to send you for an online vendor.

I'm currently in Oklahoma, and am wondering if anyone else in my area buys online so perhaps we can share on shipping. XD But I'm hoping for a Shea Butter base, my second fave would be Goats Milk. Any suggestions though are wonderfully welcomed!

Firstly, let me say thank you to all the responses. It did help me gauge what kind of soap to get for my first project.

I did decide to get the soap from Wholesale Supplies. With their free shipping, it makes it almost as cheap as the Life of the Party soap on sale at Hobby Lobby. The current soap that I've ordered from another person has been drying out my skin, so the last thing I wanted was to purchase more soap that would dry out my arms further.

Thanks for all the help, and here's to hoping it all works out. ^.^
PS, I went with the Mango Butter M&P soap instead of the Shea Butter soap due to it's restorative properties, in hopes that it does the trick to getting my skin to right. :D Here's hoping!

Latest posts

Back