Finally re-started

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shalisk

Reaction score
Finally I feel mentally ready to get back to soaping, just measured out everything and am letting the oils and lye get to RT before starting. Had a request for Patchuli orange and patchuli amber so im making those today never worked with them so RT is always best to make sure I dont get a brick.

Ill post a couple pics when its cut (Tomarrow or day after) with the tank o.o havent used it yet, kinda excited.

Glad you are finding your mojo. Hope these "comeback" batches work out for you.

Well, I stopped what I thought was 'light trace' to get the scents and colors ready and they were pudding when I was done so I dunno maybe stuff just sets up quick in the mile high..

THese folk that are all like "Oh man it sucks, I get to light trace and it takes like 15 minutes to thicken up!" im like 'GOD I wish I had your 'problem' :D

I know, right? They have these pretty delicate lacy creations and mine looks like a kid with crayons did it!

THese folk that are all like "Oh man it sucks, I get to light trace and it takes like 15 minutes to thicken up!" im like 'GOD I wish I had your 'problem' :D

I have both problems.
It is too thin to hold any shape & do anything with... or it's pudding. I just want that happy medium like they do in the videos!!

But welcome back to the soap obsession... i mean... hobby...

Welcome back! Try adding your fragrance to your oils before the lye mixture. Sometimes it will give you a bit more time to work it. Especially when soaping at RT. I've had much better outcomes doing it that way.

Back