Banned ingrediants uk and alternatives

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainbowdrops31

Reaction score
Please Help,

I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall, I use polysorbate 80 in my bath truffles and Bombs, but I have been told it's banned in the UK. Is poly 20 a good alternative or is there anything else I can use.

Also am I allowed to use coca Betaine and cocoamide DEA. In the UK. It's so confusing trying to find out as some UK online suppliers sell poly80 surely they shouldn't be allowed if it's banned.

I'm not in the UK, but shouldn't there be a department of health or some such that you can phone to find out what's allowed or not in cosmetics? Do you sell? If so, you should have a safety assessor or something that would be able to clear this up, wouldn't they? The first thing is to find out what's allowed and what isn't, then reformulate if need be. Did you just move to the UK?

Have researched everywhere, for poly 80, looked, on all government websites it's not on there. Some uk soap making supplies sell it to.I have asked a fellow bath product person who sells n she has got all assessments n legal stuff n she said it's not banned. Just a bit confused x

No wasn't a safety assessor, someone who obviously didn't really know, iin the meantime I have found out it's not banned.

Back