Goats milk

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deighturp

Reaction score
Starting to get pretty worried. I have been making soap for several months now and plan on giving it as Christmas presents. Also making wooden soap dishes to place it on. My garage is my work space and I'm not letting any of the kids in so the soap will be a big surprise for them.
I helped my daughter move some stuff yesterday and she asked me if I wanted some hand made soap. Of course my answer was "what?" Some one had given her some goats milk soap and she said she didn't like the way it made her skin feel. WOW... what to do? I've been using Olive Oil so maybe there is nothing to worry about. But... home made soap may be the problem.

What a coincidence!
There are so many variables with handmade soap- there's no telling exactly what she didn't like about it. So many people use shower gel now, and it feels totally different on the skin.
Plus, who knows what ingredients were used or the experience level of the other soaper?
Maybe go ahead & gift the soap as planned and explain all the reasons why bar soap can be great for the skin.

Definitely give the soaps out for christmas! Most people will love them. If she doesn't like it, she'll be a great resource for improving your soap. As others have said though, not all handmade soap on the market is good. Give the soap she gave you a try - if it doesn't feel good to you, you're in the clear. If it feels fine, then it could be a hard water or coconut tolerance issue for her.

Everyone is different and so is their skin.
Everyone says they love goats milk soap but in blind tests (mine and others) it doesn't rate very highly at all. I fact it was "the least favourite".

Latest posts

Back