Body Butters

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She used a 1:1 ratio of liquid coffee-infused oils to hard oils.

The rule of thumb I used was whatever amount of the infused coffee oil I got, I would add that same amount with hard oils. I think I got like 6 ounces of infused coffee oil, so I used 6 ounces of other oils. Just an idea you might like to add more depending on how thick you want it. I feel this ratio was just perfect for me.​

It doesn't really matter, its personal preference for what hard oils (butters) you use and how much of each one. With whipped body butters for myself I frequently just go with what I feel like, or what supplies I've currently gotten. When I make whipped body butters I start with thirds, 1/3 soft oil, 1/3 coconut oil, and 1/3 hard oil. Then go from there as I'm whipping it if I want to add a little more of anything. I use really light fast absorbing soft oils so it absorbs quickly.

I don't melt down what I don't have to, which speeds up the process and can help with issues such as shea becoming gritty. Shea, mango, coconut oil don't need to be melted down. Cocoa butter is super hard and does, etc.

I had pretty good results using 3 ounces each of Cocoa Butter, Shea Butter, and Coconut oil, 1.5 ounces each of Almond Oil, and Avocado Oil. I also added 3 tablespoons of Tapioca Maltodextrin during the whipping process.

I melted all of the oils and mixed them together, then let it harder completely in the refrigerator overnight. Then let it warm up slightly before whipping it. I used 15 drops of Rosemary, 10 drops of Lavender, and 5 drops of Tea Tree in the final product.

Here is the easiest recipe I have made using coffee infused oil.

2.5 oz coffee infused oil
7 oz shea butter
1 tsp. tapioca starch
.1 oz peppermint essential oil
.1 oz Phenonip

Whip room temp. shea butter, starting on low and going to all the way up to high after 1 minute. Once the butter is creamy, stop mixer. Add coffee infused oil, essential oil and tapioca starch. Mix with spatula first before turning on mixer. Turn mixer on low until everything is well mixed. Turn on high. After at least 2 minutes the butter should be fluffy with peaks. Turn off mixer and pack in sterilized containers. Put on lids and label.

Thank you all this has been a huge help! I made my first coffee body butter tonight.
I used avocado as my infused oil, coco butter, mango butter, coconut oil, Shea butter,veg. glycerin, vit.E and some bees wax.

I needed it a little harder/thicker then the norm. It turned out GREAT! My DW doesn't like the coffee smell, but the heck with her ;-)

Next? Mandarin butter! Can't wait.

Back