Protein Hair Mist

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crafty86

Reaction score
First off...I've googled...I've searched here and point of interest.

I've found nothing on how to make this stuff. I know I need water, some aloe juice...some kind of a "protein" and a preservative. My question is how to mix them all together? Do I need to heat anything or just measure out and mix? :lol:

Basically just something to spray on my hair that's good for it and smells good. I looked and tried to search her blog and couldn't find anything...that's why I asked here.

Look at Swifts site for leave in conditioners. I think that is where you will find what you are looking for. she has one recipe in her conditioner tutorial
under the free downloadable PDF sidebar. It has quite a few ingredients in it, but I made my first one with far fewer ingredients. Aloe, protein, glycerin....can't remember what else.

Yeah, sometimes hard to find a specific something among all the treasures at Swifts site :)

OK. So this is as close as I could find...

http://swiftcraftymonkey.blogspot.com/2 ... ioner.html

but thats not really what I'm looking for. Haha she is sooo advanced for me yet. I absolutley adore her site though! I basically just want something I can spray on my hair that isn't going to damage it. I thought about a body spray type stuff but I know that has alcohol ect in it and it would be bad for my hair. I just love my hair to smell good and I have this stuff and it's called protein hair mist...this is what it has in it.

Water, Aloe Leaf Juice, Cetrimonium Chloride, Isoprpyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Vit E, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Dimethicone, Sea Salt, Methylparapen, Propylparaben, DMHM Hydantoin, and Fragrance.

BUT I dont want to have to use all that stuff because I would imagine that would be kinda pricey. But I do have the Aloe leaf juice, Vit E, Sea Salt, and I have preservatives...I know I would have to buy some kind of "protein" but what else would be absolutley nessesary? Any help?! :lol:

You could just spray the aloe juice on, or you can add protein to the aloe juice. Heat and hold for 20 minutes,cool down, preserve and package.

If you want fragrance you need an emulsifier to make it work with your water phase. Ditto for the vit E.

I'd be interested to find out why the salt is in there?

But start as simple as you like and then add stuff as you go along and see what needs tweaking for your hair and preferences.

Yes cool. So the emulsifier what should I use? I have ewax...the kind I have says to shake up and you can see where it seperates...so did they not use one and thats why it does that? I dont see any emulsifier listed...but maybe I'm not noticing it...and yea the salt...I have no clue! Maybe someone else might know the answer to that one...

Latest posts

Back