Wax for soy tarts?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melharma

Reaction score
I wanted to start making soy tarts and I'm a bit confused on what wax. I picked up some container soy wax from Michaels, is this wax good enough? I made my first experiment and it seemed to work out okay but I really have nothing to compare it to. Should I be ordering a different kind online? And if so what is the difference (like is it easier to work with, melts faster in the tart melter...) Thanks!

Wax tarts

I've just recently ventured into candle & tart making, so I'm a 'newbie' to this area too. However, I've been using soy wax from Wholesale Soap Supplies Plus because that is where I buy supplies for my bath & body products. I really like their soy wax....It's very easy to use, seems to hold fragrance well, and melts very easily in tart burners (I haven't tried it for candles yet).

I also used a soy wax once that I bought from Hobby Lobby (like Michael's or A.C. Moore). It worked pretty good too.

Don't know if I've been much help, but thought I'd offer my opinions just in case. :) Plus, this will bump the thread up a little so maybe some more experienced candle makers can offer some advice too.

Have a great day!
Tonya

The issue in buying from Michaels is that they don't specialize in candles so their wax might have sat there for a while, it may have harden over time and may not be top quality. If you go to a supplier whose business is candles, then you can be sure they have good quality wax to work with.
The true test will be over time and when you light them: you can then see how they burn and smell.

Latest posts

Back