MICA Drama... Help...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrecianPrincess

GrecianPrincess
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

Can anyone help me and tell me where to buy a MICA Glitter that will hold up in CP Soap?? I don’t want to make soap with huge amounts of glitter, though I have seen people that make it using a Mica Glitter and it creates a really pretty shimmer glitter.

Also I came across this website - https://www.micamoma.com

Has anyone ever used them, or do you know the best supplier for Mica in the UK?

Thank you in advance.

GrecianPrincess

Last edited:
I use Nurture's mineral glitters for for sparkles in the actual soap. Regular glitters for sparkles on top of the soap, and regular micas for shimmery swirls or painting on top of the soap. All from Nurture Soap. I love her Super Sparkles Mineral Glitter this time of year for a sparkling snow effect! Hope this helps!

Are you looking for glitter or mica? Most micas look shimmery/metallic in dry form, but as soon as they're mixed with the soap, the shimmery quality isn't as apparent because of the opacity of soap. If you use enough glitter though, it does seem to sparkle through the soap. Retaining the shimmery quality of mica can be done with mica lines or mica oil swirls on top of the loaf.

I second what jewels621 said.
I get most of my micas from either Nurture or Mad Micas (fka Mad Oils) They are both of an awesome quality, and you can get some great colors, glitters, and more from them.

Thank you, I have seen the micas from there, but I need a supplier in the uk

Have you tried the Soap Kitchen? They are based in the UK. I've never used them myself (I live in the USA), but their website states they sell micas that do well in cold process soap. Not all of them do well, but to find out which ones do, click on the pic of whatever mica/glitter you are interested in and then click on 'More Information', and it will tell you if it is suitable for CP soap. Here is the link to their mica/glitter page: https://www.thesoapkitchen.co.uk/acatalog/micas-glitters-and-jewels.html

IrishLass :)

Ive used Micamoma a couple of times and they are pretty good - just be careful with the quantity added as there will be a max limit for safety assessments.

I just got a phenomenal white mica from BeScented. It was my first experience shopping with them, but I had watched her YouTube video on testing micas and loved what I saw so I wanted to try them out. I also bought a 5lb mold and it's gorgeous, just beautifully made. Her fragrance oils come labeled with flashpoint and vanillin content, and the micas are beautiful.

I believe BeScented ships worldwide. If you buy from them do be aware of duties and import fees; I got hit for an extra $24Cdn after the sale, but my stuff was still a good deal and I'm a happy customer.

In Need of Some U.K. advice - Happy Olive

I would love to order from America, but our compliance testing in the UK is really strict. So I think for the time being, I’ll stick to UK Suppliers.

Has anyone ever used HappyOlive - I’m on their site now and they have the colours I want, but seem to be no reviews?

Yes, Happy Olive also sell on ebay under another name. Ive used them loads of times and their micas are really good

Back