Avoidance issues

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't say much on this forum, but I do want to say that I think it is an amazing place to learn from people who are passionate about soap. When I joined I thought "Oh yes, I could start selling soon." Well, I haven't started selling. I've learned to keep good notes, tweak recipes, keep samples for ages and try them again, how to design labels, and a whole lot of other stuff about colour, scents, effects, etc, etc. I've also learned a whole lot of things to avoid, because other people have made and posted their mistakes. Maybe, in another year or so, I might be ready to start selling. Or not. Selling isn't actually the issue now - it's the experimenting.
Thank you, forum members for your wisdom, your patience with answering people's questions (I don't need to ask many becasue I can usually find an answer somewhere), and for your generosity. This is my go-to soap place.

Ah very nice! I love Mexico. My fiance and I spent a week in Tulum a few years ago. I've been a few times with my parents as well. We're actually getting married on Isla Mujeres this May. I am beyond excited!

Congratulations!

About the threads in question. I had to bow out early to preserve my sanity. I worried, though, about the newbies. Thank you to everyone who hung in there and put truthful, wonderful, helpful information through the whole process!

Just got home late last night.....we were in Playacar, Mexico. The hubby and I snuck away before the holidays fully hit. It is beautiful there...we try to go a couple of times a year. This is the first time we've been there in the 20-some years we've been going, that it full-on rained cats and dogs for the first 5 days that we were there. It was still good to be there, but I couldn't help but think that I could have been home making more challenge soap! I won't have time now as Thanksgiving is at my house this year, plus 20ish people the next day for our community lighting festival to kick off the Christmas season. Why do I do this to myself? Fear not....I have at least one vacation a month planned until spring. Right now, it's just very good to be home and just so this ties in to the thread....I think avoiding winter is one of my issues. :snowman:
ohhhh That is awesome! I am so happy for you. We went to Cancun a couple of years back to an all inclusive and had to drag my little one who was 16 at the time.

Shame on me, I have not taught him Spanish, but the day we got there he asked if he could go to the pool by himself ( we are very protective of him), and I say yes, and when I go look for him later, he is in the pool with his huge foot in the air doing aerobics with a bunch of people.

He had a blast. I hope we can go back on day, and take him snorkeling.:shark:

Congratulations!

About the threads in question. I had to bow out early to preserve my sanity. I worried, though, about the newbies. Thank you to everyone who hung in there and put truthful, wonderful, helpful information through the whole process!

Frankly I'm surprised and impressed by the folks that had the patience to read the 'confused' posts! I just stuck to reading the replies because I couldn't handle trying to make sense of what everyone was applying too. Kudos to the lot of y'all for wading through it in order to even be able to reply.

I think I am turning into a grumpy old (before my time) woman.
I find it so annoying when someone asks a question, totally ignores your answer (which would solve their problem) and goes on to say they still have the problem!

Certain people (luckily there are only a few and I'm not talking about THE thread here) just don't want to learn.
I have to tell myself to step away from the computer and let them drown in their own soapy mistakes.

I was starting to worry that with the repetition, I would start to remember some of the nonsense as fact. Wading through someone's brain for too long takes its toll.

I was starting to worry that with the repetition, I would start to remember some of the nonsense as fact. Wading through someone's brain for too long takes its toll.

This is exactly how some things get spread around. Repeat inaccurate information often enough, loudly enough, and otherwise sensible people will start to believe it, even if there's a mountain of actual evidence otherwise.

I think I am turning into a grumpy old (before my time) woman.
I find it so annoying when someone asks a question, totally ignores your answer (which would solve their problem) and goes on to say they still have the problem!

Certain people (luckily there are only a few and I'm not talking about THE thread here) just don't want to learn.
I have to tell myself to step away from the computer and let them drown in their own soapy mistakes.

ha ha If you would live in north Dallas, you would pull your head out. Unless I really have to, I try not to go out. And now during the holidays is like a jungle out there, people driving crazy, and being rude.

I am so happy I only have 6 more months here.

Latest posts

Back