~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~



Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Classifieds Forum > Shopping Recommendations > lye in Saudi Arabia ?
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2017, 08:36 AM   #1
don187
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 34
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default lye in Saudi Arabia ?



hello everyone , i found about soap making online and i really loved the idea , so i decided to give it a try here in Saudi Arabia , anyhow i cannot seem to find Lye anywhere ? and i also cannot buy it from ebay or Amazon they tell me that they cannot ship such products to saudi ? should i just give up ? </3

please help if you can


don187 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
shunt2011
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png
 
shunt2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,903
Liked 4584 Times on 3063 Posts
Likes Given: 3852

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by don187 View Post


hello everyone , i found about soap making online and i really loved the idea , so i decided to give it a try here in Saudi Arabia , anyhow i cannot seem to find Lye anywhere ? and i also cannot buy it from ebay or Amazon they tell me that they cannot ship such products to saudi ? should i just give up ? </3

please help if you can
Hello and welcome. I have no advice on where to get lye sorry! Are there any other soapmakers in your area that you could ask?


__________________
www.sharishandcraftedsoap.com
Official Member of the Hoity-Toity Snickerdoodle League.
shunt2011 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #3
BattleGnome
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 875
Liked 699 Times on 350 Posts
Likes Given: 861

Default

I did a google search: where to buy sodium hydroxide in Saudi Arabia.

First link was a thread on here with the advice of looking at a hardware store. Not gonna link it, it was 3 posts long.

The second link was to alibaba. They have almost everything, so maybe they'll be able to ship to you.
BattleGnome is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #4
don187
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 34
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunt2011 View Post
Hello and welcome. I have no advice on where to get lye sorry! Are there any other soapmakers in your area that you could ask?
hey , thanks for replying i guess i found a company welling to sell 25 KG for 25$ and guess what, 25 kg is the minimum to sell lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleGnome View Post
I did a google search: where to buy sodium hydroxide in Saudi Arabia.

First link was a thread on here with the advice of looking at a hardware store. Not gonna link it, it was 3 posts long.

The second link was to alibaba. They have almost everything, so maybe they'll be able to ship to you.
thank you for trying to help ! much appreciated , foound a company that welling to sell , will see what happen
don187 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:08 AM   #5
Zany_in_CO
Saponifier
 
Zany_in_CO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SE Denver CO
Posts: 1,121
Liked 809 Times on 529 Posts
Likes Given: 3202

Default

Here's a link to buy NaOH aka sodium hydroxide aka caustic soda -- they have Red Crown and I've used that before. It's good. Be sure to use distilled water to make your lye solution.

https://www.ubuy.com.sa/en/catalog/p...=US&p-key=3110


__________________
Zany in CO
"There is no substitute for the joy a certain degree of innocence brings to discovery." - Cissy Kuberski
Zany_in_CO is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Newest Threads