~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > Soapmaking & Candle Classifieds Forum > Shopping Recommendations > lye in Saudi Arabia ?

Old 10-19-2017, 08:36 AM   #1
don187

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default lye in Saudi Arabia ?

hello everyone , i found about soap making online and i really loved the idea , so i decided to give it a try here in Saudi Arabia , anyhow i cannot seem to find Lye anywhere ? and i also cannot buy it from ebay or Amazon they tell me that they cannot ship such products to saudi ? should i just give up ? </3

please help if you can

Old 10-19-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
shunt2011
Administrator
SOAP_ADMIN.png

Liked 4584 Times on 3063 Posts
Likes Given: 3852

Quote:
Originally Posted by don187 View Post

hello everyone , i found about soap making online and i really loved the idea , so i decided to give it a try here in Saudi Arabia , anyhow i cannot seem to find Lye anywhere ? and i also cannot buy it from ebay or Amazon they tell me that they cannot ship such products to saudi ? should i just give up ? </3

please help if you can
Hello and welcome. I have no advice on where to get lye sorry! Are there any other soapmakers in your area that you could ask?

Old 10-19-2017, 11:27 AM   #3
BattleGnome

Liked 699 Times on 350 Posts
Likes Given: 861

I did a google search: where to buy sodium hydroxide in Saudi Arabia.

First link was a thread on here with the advice of looking at a hardware store. Not gonna link it, it was 3 posts long.

The second link was to alibaba. They have almost everything, so maybe they'll be able to ship to you.

Old 10-19-2017, 02:40 PM   #4
don187

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunt2011 View Post
Hello and welcome. I have no advice on where to get lye sorry! Are there any other soapmakers in your area that you could ask?
hey , thanks for replying i guess i found a company welling to sell 25 KG for 25$ and guess what, 25 kg is the minimum to sell lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleGnome View Post
I did a google search: where to buy sodium hydroxide in Saudi Arabia.

First link was a thread on here with the advice of looking at a hardware store. Not gonna link it, it was 3 posts long.

The second link was to alibaba. They have almost everything, so maybe they'll be able to ship to you.
thank you for trying to help ! much appreciated , foound a company that welling to sell , will see what happen

Old 10-31-2017, 05:08 AM   #5
Zany_in_CO
Saponifier

Liked 809 Times on 529 Posts
Likes Given: 3202

Here's a link to buy NaOH aka sodium hydroxide aka caustic soda -- they have Red Crown and I've used that before. It's good. Be sure to use distilled water to make your lye solution.

https://www.ubuy.com.sa/en/catalog/p...=US&p-key=3110