~*~ SMF November 2017 Challenge - 1920's Themed Soap! ~*~
~ November 2017 Challenge Photo Entry Thread~

Help Support Soapmaking Forum by donating using the link above or becoming a Supporting Member.
Soap Making Forum > The Soap Making & Craft Forum > Beginners Soap Making Forum > Is it just me or...

Old 10-11-2017, 03:25 PM   #11
Gini
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 137 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Most commercial soaps have gone back to basics with the ingredients it seems. It's what they suck out of the soap that, IMO, that makes it unworthy.

soapmaker Likes This 
Old 10-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #12
soapmaker
Soapmaker

Liked 52 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcandleattic View Post
I used to get so offended by this, (my mom still will buy me candles, - I've been making candles for 20+ years) and one day I asked her why she insists on buying me something I can clearly make for myself.
Her reply was "well, I figured if you are making them, surely you must really love them, so I wanted to get you something I knew you would like"

It was hard to argue with her reasoning, even if a little misguided, and now I believe people do not do things like that out of spite - just a little misunderstanding, and it really does come from a place of caring and love. (at least IME it was/is)
Of course that's why! My SIL bought me a soap that resembled a beach with waves when they went to the east coast. I thought it was very thoughtful that she thought of me while on vacation!
But back to the original question, I dread the use of bought soap because I remember scratching all over when I used to use it.

0115d8cf Likes This 
Old 10-11-2017, 11:05 PM   #13
0115d8cf

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
I used to get so offended by this, (my mom still will buy me candles, - I've been making candles for 20+ years) and one day I asked her why she insists on buying me something I can clearly make for myself.
Her reply was "well, I figured if you are making them, surely you must really love them, so I wanted to get you something I knew you would like"

It was hard to argue with her reasoning, even if a little misguided, and now I believe people do not do things like that out of spite - just a little misunderstanding, and it really does come from a place of caring and love. (at least IME it was/is)
I never thought about it that way. It at least shows they know what your hobbies and interests are, I guess. Interesting!

Old 10-12-2017, 04:27 AM   #14
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 789 Times on 391 Posts
Likes Given: 898

lol, and here I was feeling awful because I have like a 3 month supply, and I was making all these soap for the bazaar, and worried it would not sell.
People Like This 
Old 10-18-2017, 10:21 PM   #15
Skatergirl46
Soaper on wheels
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 325 Times on 196 Posts
Likes Given: 1130

I actually stopped making soap for about a year because I had so much. Now Im back to making it again.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:51 PM   #16
SunRiseArts
Supporting Member
SOAP_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 789 Times on 391 Posts
Likes Given: 898

Quote:

My oldest son does the same thing ....