Chocolate raspberry tartlets

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navigator9

Reaction score
I always try to make some kind of alternative to a regular birthday cake for my best friend's birthday. She loves chocolate and raspberries, so this year I made her some chocolate raspberry tartlets. I thought I'd pass along the recipe since it was quite easy to make, and kind of impressive looking, I thought. I had the individual tart pans, but it could also be made in a larger one, for one big tart. I was happily surprised at the crust, it was buttery and crisp, really delicious. I never have the cake flour that it called for, but I Googled for a substitute and replaced 2T of a cup of flour with cornstarch, maybe that added to the crispness? I did spread a little raspberry jam in the bottom of the crust for a bit more berry flavor. The ganache filling was a snap to make, and then all that was left was to place the raspberries. I took the pic before sprinkling with powdered sugar, since I had to cover them with saran to transport them to her house. So if you'd like to treat yourself, or someone you love, you might want to give this a try. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/349169777345894422/

rtart.jpg

I thought this was going to be a picture of some desserty type of soap. What a yummy looking surprise. Thanks for sharing the recipe!

I'm sure it could be made of soap too, dibbles! I've seen some very realistic raspberry molds. :) But too tempting to not be able to take a bite. lol

Looks nice but raspberries are my absolute fruity bane, aside from figs.

Strawberries! Or just whipped cream on top. There's always a way around an ingredient you don't like. (Said the enabler. :) )

I'm sure it could be made of soap too, dibbles! I've seen some very realistic raspberry molds. :) But too tempting to not be able to take a bite. lol

Strawberries! Or just whipped cream on top. There's always a way around an ingredient you don't like. (Said the enabler. :) )

I can't make this now anyway. I need people to bake for and I'm nowhere neae them.

What beautiful work Nav! It really does look divine, not to mention DELICIOUS. What a lucky friend you have to get such an elegant birthday treat.

I've had sweets on the brain lately since I'm hooked on The Great British Baking Show on Netflix. Your tartlets would give them a run for their money!

What beautiful work Nav! It really does look divine, not to mention DELICIOUS. What a lucky friend you have to get such an elegant birthday treat.

I've had sweets on the brain lately since I'm hooked on The Great British Baking Show on Netflix. Your tartlets would give them a run for their money!

Thanks a bunch! I'm anything but a fancy baker, so these were a bit of a stretch for me. But you make the crust in a food processor, press it into the pans to bake, the ganache couldn't be simpler, so it's really a lot easier than it looks. I love the GBB show too, and while I don't think I'd be giving any of those guys or gals a run for their money, I was pretty happy with they way they turned out. If you need a special dessert, but don't have the time for something complicated, this is a good one to try. :)

Back