A bath to help cure insomnia?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is really quite scary. Intriguing, but scary. Out of character memory loss is almost a nightmare like idea for me so I'll be sure to stay away from any heavy drugs. I'm definitely in the ballpark for natural remedies right now, if I can - hence the baths ;)

Last edited:
I know you may be looking for a more natural route but I have found something that works for me. My job thankfully has settled down to where I don't travel as much, but when I did; Ambien was a part of my travel kit. I woke up one morning surrounded by Taco Bell wrappers (and there were no Taco Bells in sight) so that scared me a bit. I took to tying a leash to my ankle and to the bed when I was in a hotel.

Lol, bizarre.

A friend tried Ambien and had some epic hallucinations, some interesting and some foreboding. He stopped using the stuff immediately but had some "flashbacks" about 6 months later.

I plan on avoiding that stuff as much as possible.

-Dave

I have found that the sleep aid from Costco works great been using it for 3 years now. I've had problems sleeping for years. Didn't like Lunesta, Ambien etc. Tried melatonin and didn't do a thing for me after 6 mos of trying. Decided to try the Costco one and it's worked awesome. I don't wake up groggy even after 5-6 hours of sleep. I also keep my our bedroom really cool at night. I do sleep with ear plugs too but that's because my husband snored for years, finally got a bi-pap breathing machine but that's still fairly loud. I sleep awesome most nights now.

I've taken Ambien once or twice. LOVED it. Slept deeply and woke up refreshed. I'm a good sleeper normally, but this was like that AWESOME sleep where you open your eyes feeling great and ready to hop out of bed.

My mom's friend took it for a long time. She had struggled with weight for a long time and was actually doing really well at sticking to her diet plan. But wasn't losing any weight. Finally it came out that she was, under the influence of Ambien, making herself a few cheeseburgers every night. Each morning her housekeeper would clean the kitchen, so she had NO IDEA she'd been eating cheeseburgers every night at 2 am.

OP, if I were you I'd also evaluate my bed and bedding. Is the mattress comfortable? The sheets? The pillows?

I used to have this issue.

Then I forced myself up and out in the morning (although it was the last thing I wanted to do) and had a busy day and tired myself out. Up early gym, shopping, seeing friends and home and tried to force myself to sleep, now this is the hard

OP, if I were you I'd also evaluate my bed and bedding. Is the mattress comfortable? The sheets? The pillows?

They're all good, I've never been a great sleeper so I made sure I invested well there.

I used to have this issue.

Then I forced myself up and out in the morning (although it was the last thing I wanted to do) and had a busy day and tired myself out. Up early gym, shopping, seeing friends and home and tried to force myself to sleep, now this is the hard

I started up karate, I'm hoping the exercise will work well into forcing a routine and, as you say, tire me out. Glad to hear it worked well for you and perhaps it will for me too :)

Back