Roller Ball Help Needed Please!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PuddinAndPeanuts

Reaction score
Anyone experienced with roller ball bottles? The ones often used for lip gloss. I have an anhydrous oil blend that I'm hoping to package in roller ball tubes. The end formula is similar to straight sweet almond oil in texture and viscosity. When put in the roller ball bottle, so little comes out when rolled over the skin that it's difficult to be sure any came out at all. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? Might thickening it up with some castor oil help, do you think?

Thank so much!

Hmm... I don't know. I will check an empty bottle with just water and another one with plain castor oil and see how each of those does. It really is not thick at all right now- at least, I don't THINK of it as being thick- but everything is relative.

Well, I contacted the company that sold them to me. They said the problem is that I got plastic balls instead of metal balls, and they are sending me the metal ones. Does this make sense to anybody? There wasn't much point in asking them to elaborate... The whole thing I think is just too complex for google translate to deal with.

Hmm, you wouldn't think it would make a difference with oil. Maybe alcohol but what do I know. Mine has plastic and I have no trouble. Let us know how it works out for you.

Latest posts

Back