Any nerds out there?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am incredibly impatient waiting for Exploding Unicorns to be sent out - the kickstarter survey just closed and I know I have at least a month before I get it.

Is that by the same folks that did Exploding Kittens? If it is, darn that I missed it!

We're backing a Kickstarter for tabletop miniatures right now. It's Dragonlock 3. DH likes to go looking for interesting looking games and stuff, finds some really neat things.

I do, however like certain board games, though- the type that make us all end up rolling on the floor in laughter, such as Telestrations and Balderdash.
Excellent games, both. Whenever I go to a game convention, those are two games we must play. In fact, when Telestrations just came out, I took it to a boardgame convention and others played it to death so much that they bought me new markers and a dozen or more people ordered it from Amazon Prime so that it would arrive during the nine-day con (many of these people were from overseas). Word got back to USAopoly that they'd played my copy and they actually called me for input on how to market it to a mass audience!

Is that by the same folks that did Exploding Kittens? If it is, darn that I missed it!

Arg! It's Unstable Unicorns not Exploding (don't know why I keep doing that).

It's by the people behind teeturtle.com. I'm in love with their shirts and when I got the email about the game I was squeezing until I got my pledge down (and then continued to squee for the remainder of the campaign).

I wish I could back more games on kickstarter, some of the miniatures alone would make the investment worth it. I've been trying off and on to get physical map pieces for game night but he's stuck on drawing it out.

Love, love, LOVE it!

Still playing Fallout 4 myself. I've started several characters now, and each time I tell myself that I'm going to use a different playing style. But I just can't help going back to my sneak-sniper style every time. I really, really do love the Survival mode with food and MUCH more danger, though I use a mod for saving on demand, and one that has a few subway stations scattered around to take most of the drudgery out of not having fast travel.

I've had so many characters, I can't even count. Like you, I want to try different styles but always fall back to a sniper.
I've tried survival but always give up after awhile. I have a mod that will let me fast travel so I should try it again. I use way too many mods, around 75.

DH tried to get me interested in Witcher 3, but... meh. I want to be able to customize my character, not be locked in to one. That game looked like it was pretty much on rails, too. I like Fallout 4, that big, open sandbox style. Horizon Zero Dawn I think it's called is another one I've tried, but meh. It's another lock you into a predetermined character and runs on rails sort it looks like.

I normally don't like a set character either but the witcher 3 is so different, I don't mind at all. After playing for awhile, you really get into the story and you actually care about the different characters.
Your actions have consequences throughout the whole games. It really is worth playing, at least once.
As much as I love fallout, the witcher is flatout a better game.

I am greatly enjoying The Elder Scrolls Online at the moment. Brings me back to my youth playing The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind on my original Xbox.

One of my coworkers took his copy to the shooting range. I wish I could retell that story as he did because I could not blame him one bit. I also laughed pretty hard at that story.

I'm not the computer gamer type of nerd, but rather a TV show, movie, book type of nerd.

I do, however like certain board games, though- the type that make us all end up rolling on the floor in laughter, such as Telestrations and Balderdash.

I love watching Star Trek (we're going through Voyager right now), and I've actually been to one Trekkie convention- back in the early '90's when Next Generation was on TV (I got an autograph from Marina Sirtis who played Troi). Normally, I would never have considered going to a convention, but my best friend and her hubby (who could easily pass for Jonathan Frakes/Riker, btw) were huuuuuuuuge Trekkies (they each owned uniforms) and they talked hubby and I into going with them.

I love Dr. Who, but I'm a new fan, i.e., I was never into it when I was growing up. Christopher Eccleston's incarnation was my first experience of the Doctor. My hubby actually looks a lot like Peter Capaldi, the 12th Doctor, and one would think he would be my favorite Doctor because of that, but my favorite of all the Doctors I've seen so far is David Tennant's incarnation. What a phenomenal actor. My favorite of the companions are Rory and Amy, and my least favorite of the companions is Rose (because of how horribly she always treated Mickie). I wished Donna's father could've tagged along as a companion- he would've been awesome. Mickie would've been awesome, too.

I'm also a fan of Star Wars- the theatre versions of the original 3, and the most recent ones that have come out (i.e., not Lucas's latter-day muck-ups) and an LOTR fan as well. I used to make it a habit to read the LOTR books once a year, but I haven't done so in a while.

I also enjoy watching the Marvel movies, as well as the show, Shield.

IrishLass :)

Same here IL. Huge Dr. Who fan, both old and new series. I can't wait to see what they do with the new Doctor. I'm already counting the days until the Xmas special. :) I think Jodie is definitely going to be a breath of fresh air. :)

I love how I start a thread and can't even keep up because of work DX any otakus out there? Any interesting series anyone looking forward too?

Arg! It's Unstable Unicorns not Exploding (don't know why I keep doing that).

It's by the people behind teeturtle.com. I'm in love with their shirts and when I got the email about the game I was squeezing until I got my pledge down (and then continued to squee for the remainder of the campaign).

I wish I could back more games on kickstarter, some of the miniatures alone would make the investment worth it. I've been trying off and on to get physical map pieces for game night but he's stuck on drawing it out.

I heard about this game on Kidd Kradic it sounds way too weird, I'm more sad that I missed the Kickstarter for Zombie Run, the deluxe version is like $80 but pledging for it was like $50 and you got goodies. *sigh*i wish I had friends to play board games with, or have a board games night at a bar or some thing, now that's how you have fun!

My first computer game started with:

“You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door. There is a small mailbox here.”

:grin:

OMG I remember that!!! Typing in all sorts of random things trying to figure out how to progress. Never did get very far with it. I think I managed to get into the kitchen, and that's where I stalled out because I got bored with it.

I don't recognize half of what y'all are talking about, but that's okay because I do speak STAR TREK in all forms!!!!! My first memory of ST was as a little kid of about 5 watching it at a neighbor's house where all the big kids congregated to watch it. They had an aluminum Christmas tree which I thought was the bomb! (it was the 70's)

Also spoke StarGate SG1 for about 10 years and still have some DVD's sitting on the shelf.

I've always wanted to know who people play D&D...but never asked...

Omgee Star Gate was the bomb dot com when it first came out! I'm surprised we didn't burn a hole in the laser disk when we first got it! Then it got all weird when the series came out and the character profiles changed.

Back