Finally can post up date.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ReddWing

Reaction score
Well hello again!
Its been quite some time since my last visit.

Ok, if you recall I was cleaning up a hoarders house, my mom's in hopes she could come home to it soon.
I was knocked over by a ****alanche (mountain of junk washing over me just like an avalanche). After two hours of one named digging, I got my head, shoulders and other arm free, then another two til I found phone-by sheer luck, and call a friend to come dig me out. It was around 4am when she showed up and 5:30 or so she got me up on my feet, and 7:00, when cleaned-up, fed, watered and put to bed. Ended up with a fracture and dislocation of my right hip. Couldn't move much for months, my friends took good care of me for almost a year, I'm great full to have such good ones.
Anyways its been about 20 months, and the house has no more trash, newspapers, food, Ect in evey nock and cranny.
But there was no money or jewelry to be found, as promised by mom, nor can we locate the bank housing the trust paying the utilities, insurance and taxes for house, car and vacant land one town over.

I've gotten five of 15 areas CLEANED painted and reorganized. Also have dyed the carpets to match the new paints, put up after making new drapes, new lighting, plug-ins & light switches and covers.
Have had to replace shower head, so got one of the two'fers...two where one goes....its very nice, and has water powered temp lights in it-homeowners insurance goes way down if faucet's have blue & red on them and water also shows its temperature re, green & blue. And if ALL switches have a backlight or glow on them that's another discount.
I wanted to get the new plugin's with LED's towards the floor and two USB ports and two power cord ports...but those are $17.00 each and with 15 areas having four or more plugin's... I didn't feel comfortable spending that much on something I don't really need, but I did get one plugin with two USB ports and two cord ports for each room.
I had to replace about half the ac units through out. Window units for each room...1st put in, in 1973!!! So got a very nice all in one unit for the replacements, they are, fans, dehumidifiers, heaters, coolers AND ac's, each will cool/heat up to 800sq ft, costing $70.00 a year to run or so said the green leaf on the unit.
It was a good thing I got them because my heaters died, just before spring started, Gas Co says if anyone tries to light the pilots not only will they blow up...but my house and half the block too. I need just one little part replaced, but these were put in, in 1941. Not only can't I find a model, I can't find a brand either.
My crazy neighbor, who swares she rents my back yard, sprayed it and my side yard with round up (?) , something killed everything in both of them. But I had to pay to get the dead fruit trees out then hauled off. But she did do me a favor with that because the rats and mice moved out all on their own! Well I did get several different sonic pest a ways prior, and have kept them operating, so not sure that's true. But all rodents are gone.
Things are far enough along, I'm starting to make and create again.

I did have to throw out between 300-700 yards of fabric I'm guessing as the rats got in it and if you don't know why they smell so bad, its because they don't have a turn-off for their bladder so they ALWAYS leak pee everywhere they go...ick...so I decided it was too big a health risk to wash it with a NATURE'S MIRACLE product, which really does remove the odor's and its other claims. But sorting and handling, and diseases possibly getting into washer or drier or ? Was too much for me, so got it bagged and burnt.

Oh and my son got his drivers licence and is on wait list for the LE GORDON BLU cooking school in Los Angels. He's decided his goal is to become the head chef at any of the 40 research stations in the Antarctic! I wish I would've had a career goal like that when I was 19.

Ok I think we're all up to date now.

ReddWing

Le Cordon Bleu! Your son must be amazing. Congrats! (And holy cow, that was an eventful few months... glad you’re healed!)

Latest posts

Back