Alkaline Water Question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is basic healthy living, IMO, and totally unrelated to the "detox diets" and drinking alkaline water and all that stuff. There's plenty of good science that supports the benefits eating properly and drinking enough water.

What I think of "detox" is the idea that a person must eliminate certain poisons or contaminants lurking in the body. Buying into this kind of "detox" is bad enough, but what's worse is when someone reacts badly to the "detox" and the injury is just explained away as the body "eliminating the poisons" and to "stick with it -- the detox is working."

Like the baking soda based deodorants going around -- the severe underarm irritation many people get is brushed off as "just detox" and the advice is usually for the person to keep using the deodorant, rather than be sensible and STOP using the product. I bet the hydrogen peroxide drinking crowd is doing about the same thing -- get a chemical burn and call it "detox" rather than see the injury for what it really is.

Can't argue there. I still remember an episode of Penn & Teller's show dealing with this. Some lady claimed she flushed out a parasite from her body and the only thought going through my head was "that looks nothing like a parasite, lady"

I've never found an advocate of the detox idea that can tell me what the so-called "toxins" are with any specificity.

As for the supposed alkaline thing, it's nonsense. They only gain traction because people don't understand science. I have an aunt who is constantly forwarding me emails from dubious sources which advocate this anti-scientific poppycock. As she is my sweet, old aunt I just ignore them, but I routinely tear into them when they come from others. The body has sophisticated mechanisms to maintain its pH, and the food one eats doesn't impact them to an appreciable degree.

The only toxins I can think of are an over abundance of nutrients we get from supplements and food and that's only if we take in too much of them.

There is not such thing as Detox, but when people have problems and they change the way they eat, and start drink water (not to lick the soap for alcanity) a lot of problems are gone. drinking some herbal teas will clear a lot of ***t from the body too. I do believe in the easiest way to do. Cook water a few minute, then pour it into thermos, drink small amount of warm water every two hours or so, 6 weeks of that wil "detox" the body and it is easy, cheap, and for thousands years with us, It is from ayurveda
Another thing is fasting. Even 3 days fasting can reset how your body works. We have influence on our body, :)
I wish I was strong enough to do fasting.... maybe one day

Latest posts

Back