Wax Melt scent question

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viore

Reaction score
Hello, I've looked all through the candle threads and couldn't find an answer to my question: How long is the scent supposed to last in a soy wax melt?

I have made two batches so far. The first batch is made with Ecosoya Pillar wax and the scent (WSP's black raspberry vanilla) lasted for about 4 hours. After reading through the threads on wax melts, I blended the ecosoya with Golden Brands 464 soy wax (50/50 ratio) and used the fragrance at 10% (WSP's Alpine Frost). The scent lasted longer, about for 6 hours. Is this about how long the scent should last in soy wax melts?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Hello, I've looked all through the candle threads and couldn't find an answer to my question: How long is the scent supposed to last in a soy wax melt?

I have made two batches so far. The first batch is made with Ecosoya Pillar wax and the scent (WSP's black raspberry vanilla) lasted for about 4 hours. After reading through the threads on wax melts, I blended the ecosoya with Golden Brands 464 soy wax (50/50 ratio) and used the fragrance at 10% (WSP's Alpine Frost). The scent lasted longer, about for 6 hours. Is this about how long the scent should last in soy wax melts?

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Do you mean when you melt them?

Fragrance depends on a number of things, the %of FO used, the quality of FO and also the size of the wax melt.

Ours generally last about 6 hours but the small ones may only last two hours if they are melted on their own.

Yes, when I melt them. My melt size is about .5 oz. For the first batch I used 6% FO, and for the second I used 10%. Thank you so much for answering!

Back