Cut pics of my first colored soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfsnaps

Reaction score
Ok. Total noob here.

This is my first colored soap. Half of it ended up on the floor when I spilled it everywhere. Needless to say, after that fiasco, I wasn't expecting much.

If I were to sell this (which I wouldn't as its a mess) I would market it as psychedelic hippie soap.

Almost looks like a mushroom

Compared to my first uncolored batch

Even though the results were not what I wanted, I had fun doing it and look forward to making more.

The colored stuff is so much softer than the non colored stuff. Non colored was 45% lard and colored is 48% lard. Weird as I thought more lard would make it harder? I did superfat the colored 1% more.

Meh, I am learning as I go.

..............Meh, I am learning as I go.

It's the way with soap making.

Making soap is like making love - you can read about it, watch endless videos online but until you put on your rubber gloves and facemask and actually do it, you'll never really know what it's like.

It's the way with soap making.

Making soap is like making love - you can read about it, watch endless videos online but until you put on your rubber gloves and facemask and actually do it, you'll never really know what it's like.

One second I'm reading a thread where you're talking about leather treatments and then I see this. :shock: My image of you is changed for ever.

efficacious
adjective formal

adjective: efficacious

1. 1.
    (of something inanimate or abstract) successful in producing a desired or intended result; effective.
    "this treatment was efficacious in some cases"

Yep.

Oh, love the Hippie soap wolfsnaps. Those colours really pop.

Ooh, that is some psychedelic soap! I couldn't make it if I tried. I love it! I think it should be "Daytripper"!

Speaking of flash backs, anyone remember the body glove conversations from a few years back? Leather and face masks added? What a lovely strange trip it has been. :razz:

Back