My first church craft fair.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmtree

Reaction score
Help! I've been making bath products for a few years but only started soaps this past summer. My friend put my name in for the craft fair at her church thinking I'd be thrilled... Soooo I decided well why not lol. There is one soaper who does goats milk soaps and that's it for body products. I guess they get about 600 people that come through. I have been using some tried and true oil combos as far as soap goes with my own color, fragrance and swirl techniques. People love it and it gets rave reviews. I use quite a few specialty oils in my body products though and would like to emphasize that (lotions, creams, scrubs, bath melts). So my biggest question is what do I need as far as displays, banners, brochures?? This is in five weeks. I already ordered the square for cc purchases.

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I'm of the philosophy to keep it simple. I made the mistake at my first show of making signs for each soap touting the awesomeness of my ingredients. It was too much clutter on my table and left customers confused about what I was selling. Only 2 people read even a single sign. I would suggest saving the skin benefits for talking points.

Sent from my XT907 using Soap Making mobile app

Thanks, second impression. I do tend to overdo everything lol. That's a great point!

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

I would at least get a nice banner which has your business name and "soap" on it so people know what your selling....also, I ran across a nice display that sits about 36 inches high and has several different levels/shelves...its perfect for displaying soaps at an EYE level. In the very least, be sure to have the soaps propped up a bit so they're not just laying on the table. I'd check out some goodwills or antique shops to see what could make a nice display on the table. You could also use your molds and place them under the table cloth and put your different soaps on different levels--lots of ideas!

Some business cards would be good, too!

As far as signage - keep it simple, like previous posters said. People have SHORT attention spans and need something that's eye-catching but simple. Your banner with your company/soap name (and the word "Soap" - a short tag line, if any) and perhaps a label for each soap with scent or name and price - that's it! Everything else can be explained when they approach your table :)

Back