My Very First Show

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squigglz

Reaction score
SO EXCITING.

Anyway, like some of you know, I disappeared for a bit to get ready for Bronycon in Baltimore. Those of you in that area probably noticed the brightly-colored insanity that was that convention, haha.

I did fantastically. It was better than I could have dreamed. It was my first show, first convention overall, and they absolutely slaughtered my stock.

stand1_zpsaec8fa59.jpg

That was when I first set up. I had a ton more soap under my table inside of some bags. I was nervous, but hopeful.

Everything else is a bit of a blur.

halfway_zps918e232f.jpg

I started running out of soap fairly quickly.

By the end, I had only about 14 bars of soap left, and those were the non-pony specific ones (I make soaps themed after this awesome show here).

My beer soap ran out fast, as did my lavender blend. My cupcake bath bombs were a huge hit, as were my 'food smells'.

I even got to give one to a voice actress for the show. She plays both Princess Celestia and Cheerilee. She was very nice and seemed happy that she wasn't being fangirled over, and I got to give her some Cheerilee soap as a sort of 'thank you' for working on the show.

*squee*

Ahem.

Consensus is that I'm totally doing this again sometime.

Super cute! and Congratulations! I am a new soaper and its very encouraging to see your success! YAY!

Wow! Congratulation!!! Now you get to make more soap, I make cupcake soaps that look like your bath bombs, and they are always a conversation starter. I have made a bunch of Beer soap, so hope it is popular her. My guy testers loved it, but I am a little worried since the essential oils are not strong and it has a specific smell hard to describe.

Thanks, everyone! I had a wonderful time. Now to reinvest that money back into my business!

Sorry to bump my own thread, but I recently got a video of an interview I did during the convention ^^
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMr9EqBJVnQ[/ame]

Oh my goodnesss, I totally missed it. You are the woman I met at BronyCon. Your soap is/was amazing. Met you on the last day. Glad you did so well!

Last edited:
Oh my goodnesss, I totally missed it. You are the woman I met at BronyCon. Your soap is/was amazing. Met you on the last day. Glad you did so well!

You did? That's awesome! I'm afraid most of the faces are a blur, but I'm sure you were completely awesome xD

Eeeks, how exciting! I'm happy to hear that it was such a success for you! I'm getting uber excited for my first fair but it's not until November.

Also, I want to eat your chocolate coffee soap. XD

Back