Taurus Orion is a lovely Mica, but...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NancyRogers

Reaction score
used as a solid instead of just a layer or swirl will make your soap batter look just like split pea soup. :lol: :roll:

I hope it looks better once it's cut.

Oh, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it loses much of (okay, really all) its splendor when mixed in with batter. It's such a shame, because it is so gorgeous. I only use it mixed with some oil and then swirled into the top, so you can see it and all the multiple colors in it. Post some pictures, though. I'd still like to see it.

I'll post pics tomorrow when I cut it. It is gelling so thank goodness. Not as much like soup now. I have used it to swirl and some of the lovely gold flecks remained. I think you are right about it not being as complex in a full batch. I'll be happy if it just looks less like barf. Think I'll dust the top with some gold mica for a bit of contrast (okay, distraction :wink: )

NancyRogers said:
I'll post pics tomorrow when I cut it. It is gelling so thank goodness. Not as much like soup now. I have used it to swirl and some of the lovely gold flecks remained. I think you are right about it not being as complex in a full batch. I'll be happy if it just looks less like barf. Think I'll dust the top with some gold mica for a bit of contrast (okay, distraction :wink: )

lol! I have a good feeling about it, show us tomorrow!

I'm sorry. I forgot to post pics and the soap was for a friend so it's all gone. It turned out kind of army green in color. Not so bad after all.

Latest posts

Back