Embeds

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Does anyone know, if you put embeds into just made soap, does the embed need to be freshly made as well, or can it be like a week or month old etc? I was thinking of making a whole bunch of soaps to use as embeds for future batches of cp soap.

And can I mix mp embeds into my cp soap?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I have put "old" embeds into new soap and have had problems when I cut if the embed is much firmer than the new soap. The embed does not slice as easily and drags through the newer soap.

Soap balls will stay in. Every once in a while I have it fall off if there is just a little bit of the ball showing where you slice. But, again, I have the best luck with fresher soap balls.

I have mixed different kinds of soaps when doing layers. It was not a problem usually, but you can get soaps that wear away at different rates in use, which is not desirable.

Thanks for your reply! So I think I'll just try out making enough embeds for the soaps I'm gonna be making within the next few days, and prob no layers then..

Back