Post your www here

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive got a slew of sites Im working on... need to find more time in my busy schedule!!

Trying to learn Drupal (been using free trial subscriptions and Download Helped to get tutorial videos from lynda.com ----- check this place out if you want to learn anything web design or computer related!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
soapbuddy, your site is awesome. Can't wait until the day I can afford to do that. I'm embarrassed to post my cheapie, but here it is.

[Edited to remove dead link]

BakingNana said:
soapbuddy, your site is awesome. Can't wait until the day I can afford to do that. I'm embarrassed to post my cheapie, but here it is.

www.woodhavensoaps.com
Thank you. Nothing wrong with yours. If you would have seen the first site I had over 10 years ago, mine was pretty bad back then. :)

soapbuddy said:
BakingNana said:

www.woodhavensoaps.com
Thank you. Nothing wrong with yours. If you would have seen the first site I had over 10 years ago, mine was pretty bad back then. :)

Thanks...gives me hope!

Here is my website: (Bath & Body Products still in the making!!)

Massage oil Candles that melt into a pool of oil when you burn it!

Tiaborn, I like your home page. It evokes a peaceful, calm feeling. I couldn't get the blog link to work for me, though. Am I having a problem on my end?

Just a shopping cart:

My Site

These sites look great! I'd like to share mine as well! :)

Thanks!

LoreinaK

Re: My Site

LoreinaK said:
These sites look great! I'd like to share mine as well! :)

www.las-creations.com

Thanks!

LoreinaK

Pretty coloration. I was a little disturbed, however, that you used no preservatives in your sugar scrubs. Chemical-free isn't always a good thing. If you're concerned about parabens, there are plenty of paraben-free preservatives out there.

My sugar scrubs have a shelf life of a few months because of the sweet almond oil.
I have considered adding a preservative incase people don't use the product faithfully once or twice per week. I think I put that in a disclaimer on my site because there's no preservative added other than the natural sweet almond oil.
I'll go back and check.

Thank you!

LoreinaK said:
My sugar scrubs have a shelf life of a few months because of the sweet almond oil.
I have considered adding a preservative incase people don't use the product faithfully once or twice per week. I think I put that in a disclaimer on my site because there's no preservative added other than the natural sweet almond oil.
I'll go back and check.

Thank you!
Please add a preservative. I realize that it's unlikely, but if you end up with a lawsuit, your liability insurance would not cover you as they would not consider an unpreserved sugar scrub a safe product. Are you willing to loose all your assets, including your house or home? A disclaimer is useless. Most people don't read instructions. As soon as someone dips their damp fingers into it, germs, mold and bacteria will start to grow. I doubt that all people would use it faithfully once or twice a week. Besides, as soon as it's used, it's no longer in the same condition as when bought.
You are taking a high risk.

soapbuddy said:
LoreinaK said:
I'll go back and check.

Thank you!
Please add a preservative. I realize that it's unlikely, but if you end up with a lawsuit, your liability insurance would not cover you as they would not consider an unpreserved sugar scrub a safe product. Are you willing to loose all your assets, including your house or home? A disclaimer is useless. Most people don't read instructions. As soon as someone dips their damp fingers into it, germs, mold and bacteria will start to grow. I doubt that all people would use it faithfully once or twice a week. Besides, as soon as it's used, it's no longer in the same condition as when bought.
You are taking a high risk.

Soapbuddy....you said it much better than I did.

Re: Natural Handmade Vegan Soaps

soapforyoursoul said:
http://www.GoodDaySunshineStore.com

Natural Handmade Soaps ~ Soap for your Soul

Fiber Arts ~ Crochet Hats, Patchwork Skirts, Housewares and MORE

Handmade by Emily!

Your soaps are so pretty!! I could just take a bit out of the one that looks like a slice of Neopolitan ice cream. Nice site, easy to navigate. Would have liked to see ingredients listed, but again, NICE SOAPS.

I'd be careful about making any medicinal claims for your balms. You might want to reword that a bit, and keep the claims on the cosmetic side.

http://themarulatreesoapco.blogspot.com

I have a little etsy store as well which is linked on my blog. In the meantime I've been experimenting with lotions, whipped shea butter, lip balm and bath bombs. I know I have a lot to learn as far as preservatives, FDA regulations and what not go, so I'm taking it slow and researching as much as possible. Hopefully one day I'll be able to have a respectable bath and body line of my own :)

Back