swirl technique name

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm far from being an expert, but that looks like a variation on a hidden feather. Divide the soap mold lengthwise into three sections and your soap batter into 2/3 and 1/3 about, depending on how wide you want the middle part to be. After you pour into the mold, remove the dividers, and swirl with a hangar tool. That soap looks like the swirl was done in sideways figure 8 type movements, working downward, and the hangar pulled straight up out of the middle section from the bottom. Mind you, this is just a guess. Some of the more experienced soapers may have a better idea how it was done.

I really have no words of advice to offer, but wanted to say that holy smokes, that soap is absolutely stunning. In all the (what feels like) millions of soap pictures I've looked at online I can't say that I've seen a design quite like that. Thanks for sharing the link!

I really have no words of advice to offer, but wanted to say that holy smokes, that soap is absolutely stunning. In all the (what feels like) millions of soap pictures I've looked at online I can't say that I've seen a design quite like that. Thanks for sharing the link!

I know I saw it while surfing IG and I was like "i'm in love!" hence why I'd love to recreate the swirl in my own bars.

Back