Suppliers in Ontario, Canada

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is New Directions Aromatics in Toronto. I find their base oils are cheaper and their samples are larger (although you are not far from Saffire Blue--my parents live in London). If there are any others in Ontario or even Canada that are competitive in price then I would love to know who they are.

thanks, most of my family lives in the Toronto area as I am originally from there and make lots of trips down that way. I may be able to do a pick up order and skip the shipping costs :)

There's also Canwax (canwax.com - I think). They were in the GTA but moved up towards Huntsville.

I deal mostly with Sapphire Blue as I can pick up and visit a friend in Tillsonburg at the same time. Also, I buy most of my oils from them, so the money I save on not shipping the heavy stuff makes up for the (very slightly) higher prices of fragrances. New Directions does have a larger variety of FOs, so I do buy from them too.

Both have very good customer service.

following - this will be great for me to know when I move back to Ontario

Since Candora Soap is closest to me and I'm really happy with the quality, it's where I wanted to do my shopping, but I need good pricing too. When I initially checked out there prices, they seemed good to me. But I didn't check out the EO prices before (I do buy those too!) Danielle's post prompted me to do that. I compared 60ml sizes of the first few EO's. Here's what I found.

Anise EO- Candora's is less by $2.
Bergamot EO- Candora is less by $ .64
Cedarwood EO- Candora is less by more than $2
Cinnamon Leaf EO- Saffire is less by $.50
Clove Bud EO- Candora is less by $2.45

So I feel better! It went on back and forth like that. So it really depends on what you're buying I guess.

Since Candora Soap is closest to me and I'm really happy with the quality, it's where I wanted to do my shopping, but I need good pricing too. When I initially checked out there prices, they seemed good to me. But I didn't check out the EO prices before (I do buy those too!) Danielle's post prompted me to do that. I compared 60ml sizes of the first few EO's. Here's what I found.

Anise EO- Candora's is less by $2.
Bergamot EO- Candora is less by $ .64
Cedarwood EO- Candora is less by more than $2
Cinnamon Leaf EO- Saffire is less by $.50
Clove Bud EO- Candora is less by $2.45

So I feel better! It went on back and forth like that. So it really depends on what you're buying I guess.

Lavender at candora is $16.50 and at saffire it is $5.76
Maybe this is just the one oil that is a huge price difference? It just happened to be the one I looked up. However since you brought up price differences, I (of course) needed to check it out too! And everything else is pretty comparable, with just cents differences. Thank you for pointing this out. I really look forward to using Candora too! Do you know where they are located? I can't seem to find the address on their website?

Thanks

Yes, they're on Wellington in London, but not sure of the full address at the moment. You can give them a call. I talked to Donna there (finally, someone's name that's easy for me to remember!) and they are quite friendly.

Personally, I have not had luck with suppliers in Ontario (except New Directions Aromatics for my EO's)

I found that Voyageur Soap and Candle in BC, is the best for carrier oils. Personally, I have not been happy with the suppliers in Ontario (Saffire Blue or Canwax) whether it be from the ingredients or the customer service. I have tried to get carrier oils from New Directions, but I was not happy with the quality compared to Voyageur Soap.

That is me, personally :)

--
Ashley Hanna
Soap Artisan | Hanna-Made Soaps

www.hannamadesoaps.com
[email protected]

Last edited:
Personally, I have not had luck with suppliers in Ontario (except New Directions Aromatics for my EO's)

I found that Voyageur Soap and Candle in BC, is the best for carrier oils. Personally, I have not been happy with the suppliers in Ontario (Saffire Blue or Canwax) whether it be from the ingredients or the customer service. I have tried to get carrier oils from New Directions, but I was not happy with the quality compared to Voyageur Soap.

That is me, personally :)

Are you located in Ontario? How is Voyaguer Soap for shipping costs? I just tried to do a fake order to see how much I get charged however they said they add it later on after they weight it, so I cannot get an estimate.

Yes, I am in Waterloo

I am happy with the shipping cost through them. On a $375ish order, shipping was $50ish. To me it's worth it, as they have good customer service (which is important to me), they have good quality oils, they ship your order fast. haha, as you can tell I am impressed with them :)

They allow you to get the total with shipping before paying for an order.

What you do is put in the comment section before you place your order, "can I please get total with shipping, before completing the order.

I use the Organic oils from Voyageur, the only thing they don't have Organic that I use is their Avocado Oil.

I have gotten the Organic Unrefined Avocado Oil from - Creations from Eden, in Alberta before, Wicked stuff. Worth paying whatever shipping is for. Sadly, it seems to be sold out whenever I want to buy any.

haha tips from Ash :)

--
Ashley Hanna
Soap Artisan | Hanna-Made Soaps

www.hannamadesoaps.com
[email protected]http://www.hannamadesoaps.com

Last edited:
I've had excellent service from both Saffire Blue and NDA and find that the quality is quite good. Their shipping costs are peanuts to where I am, which is near Ottawa so this definitely affects the rates. I'm glad Candora was mentioned because I will be in London in a couple of weeks and will go and check them out.

I've had excellent service from both Saffire Blue and NDA and find that the quality is quite good.

I have had excellent service from NDA also! I like the quality of their EO's very much, I was just personally not as impressed with their organic coconut oil as I was with Voyageur's. I make 100% coconut oil soap and have NEVER had a problem, until I used NDA's, I have holes in my soap like no ones business. I made 2 batches, just to make sure it wasn't me (cause you never know right) and yah, it just was holy mchole soap. Still works great though, just made me realize that voyageur is the place for meeee :)

Saffire Blue, that is another story and let's just leave it at that :D

I'm glad Candora was mentioned because I will be in London in a couple of weeks and will go and check them out.

I am also glad that Candora was mentioned!! Never knew about them, going to have to try them out, heck yes! Thanks CaraCara for rementioning them in the post, as I missed it the first time

I have had excellent service from NDA also! I like the quality of their EO's very much, I was just personally not as impressed with their organic coconut oil as I was with Voyageur's. I make 100% coconut oil soap and have NEVER had a problem, until I used NDA's, I have holes in my soap like no ones business. I made 2 batches, just to make sure it wasn't me (cause you never know right) and yah, it just was holy mchole soap. Still works great though, just made me realize that voyageur is the place for meeee :)

Saffire Blue, that is another story and let's just leave it at that :D

I would like to know more about Saffire Blue (if you are will to share) I do like their prices, however they haven't been too nice to me... not rude but short on the phone and I asked for the ingredient list for their melt and pours and the percentages so that I could summit my CNF and it too them over 10 days and 3 phone calls to send it out to me. I also just recently went to pick up an order and I didn't feel very welcomed.

that being said, I do like how fast I get my parcels and do not have a problem with the supplies I receive.

I would like to know more about Saffire Blue (if you are will to share)

Of course I am willing to share, but keep in mind that my experiences are my own and just because I was not happy/had a bad experience (or a couple haha), does not mean that is the same for everyone :)

I would place an order with them, and then maybe an hour later (or a day later) try to add new products to my order (I can be high maintenance at times, I admit it :)).

I did this a couple of times and every time I would try to add a product, I would not get a response from them about the new product, I would get a shipping notice, and then a response - oh add it to your next order, almost like they would ship it right away so I would keep ordering (Yes, I thought I was crazy too, so I just let it go)

I also emailed them as I had received a product from them (Indigo Root Powder) and I could not for the life of me make my soap blue (and the powder looked green, not blue like what I had seen), like you, i asked how to use it properly, they blasted me saying they are not responsible for formulating my recipes and they arent responsible if it does not work, Kitten Love? I asked what I could do to get my soap blue, holy. Again, let it go.

I also ordered rose petals from them, and literally - the bag was full of stems, barely any petals. I was not impressed (I go to Richters Herbs for my dried herbs)

Then I ordered activated charcoal from them, they took my money and then sent me an email saying they had none, did I want my money back or did I want to wait till it arrived and have it shipped. I said give my money back, ill get it somewhere else

I forgot about it, then like a month plus later, I checked my credit card statement and the money had not been refunded, Kitten Love?

I email them, nothing, email them again, got a response, rude response. I was not happy with treatment so I tried to post a comment on their website, the one person (won't say who) emailed me back and said that I was banned from purchasing from them, that I had threatened them etc.

HORRIBLE. I was absolutely flabbergasted, pissed, and let me tell you - I PRAYED to Karma that night :)

Then I tried Canwax, emailed them some questions about certain products and NEVER HEARD ANYTHING, still to this day, never heard a thing??

So, Voyageur all the way!

Again, that's just me. Wow, talking about that I got all angry again hahaha

and maybe while I mention it, does anyone know how to make soap blue with indigo root powder that looks green haha?? :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back