Bath bomb splitting help

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi can anyone please help, I made my first ever batch of bath bombes last night, and have left them to dry but when looking at them today they are cracking! Any ideas where I have gone wrong?
The instruction book I had said to push them out of the moulds, should I have left them in over night?? Many thanks in advance ImageUploadedBySoap Making1398192535.861093.jpg

Was it as wet as the sand you'll used to make a sand castle? That and if my house is uber dry mine crack. I just break those ones up put it in a fancy jar.

Edit: is that rose petals in them if so that a nice touch

Last edited:
Rose petals are a nice touch, but I would mention not a lot of people like floaties in their water or going down the drain. It also looks like they may have started going off since I can see bumpies on the tops. Getting the right balance of moisture is such a trial and error. Sorry no help. I have had them crack when to dry and when to wet. I actually do better with alcohol instead of witch hazel and roll them around while they are drying to stop any warts from forming. I like to mix in a little Turkey Red Castor Oil which is water soluable, or mix some polysorbate 80 with a light oil to help hold them together

I didn't think I had made it that wet, but like I say first attempt so I could have done, the mixture still felt dry and powdery, and yes dried rose petals in.

Have not retried yet but hopefully will try again over the weekend. Will keep you posted. Thanks for the help guys

Latest posts

Back