Shredded Loofah in Body Scrub

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cellador

Reaction score
Hi all! I am making a emulsified sugar scrub and was thinking about adding a little shredded loofah to the mix since I have it on-hand. But, I have heard so many awful things about loofah, how it breeds bacteria growth, molds, etc. Do you think this would be the case with a scrub?
I do use a preservative (Phenonip), but I'm just worried that it will cause a greater potential for contamination. Thoughts?

If I were looking to purchase, loofah in a sugar scrub would be a big turnoff. I like the way sugar scrubs then kinda melts and then rinses clean with water. I would like to say, tho, I've thought about slicing a loofah to put in a round bar... I like the look and it makes sense to me. But that's just me. :wave:

I've thought about putting it in a scrub but decided against. I just like that the sugar dissolves after providing a mild scrub. I do use it in soap both ground and in slices.

I think as long as you preserve it you should be fine. I proved scoops with my scrubs hoping that customers will use those instead of wet fingers. Who knows though. Never had any complaints.

Latest posts

Back